lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with 2011 2five charging problem

Just purchased a 2011 ezgo 2five from an auction so it was site unseen. Upon getting it home I am running into problems I can’t figure out, need expert advice!
Situation:
Charger will not charge batteries and light indicator is the red double blink. The batteries that are in it are NAPA golf cart 12v x 4. They were put in the cart 8/18. I can get the battery charged to were the indicator lights on the dash say it’s half charged (via 12v battery charger).
Once I get batteries to this level the on board charger still gives the double red blink.
I can then ride in the cart but the batteries go dead in like 2 min of riding.
Last thing, NONE of the Small electric features work or have power. These include blinkers, headlights, caution lights, break lights, horn, wiper.
Please help me!
GolfcartJoeWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with 2011 2five charging problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfcartJoeWV View Post
Just purchased a 2011 ezgo 2five from an auction so it was site unseen. Upon getting it home I am running into problems I can’t figure out, need expert advice!
Situation:
Charger will not charge batteries and light indicator is the red double blink. The batteries that are in it are NAPA golf cart 12v x 4. They were put in the cart 8/18. I can get the battery charged to were the indicator lights on the dash say it’s half charged (via 12v battery charger).
Once I get batteries to this level the on board charger still gives the double red blink.
I can then ride in the cart but the batteries go dead in like 2 min of riding.
Last thing, NONE of the Small electric features work or have power. These include blinkers, headlights, caution lights, break lights, horn, wiper.
Please help me!
The DC converter that supplies 12V power for the 12V accessories that are not working, is built into the same charger that you are having trouble with... So until you have that charger replaced or repaired, you will continue to have trouble.

There were a number of golf carts and 2Fives that were submerged during the hurricanes that ended up being sold at auction and other means. I bought a 2011 2Five in that condition myself.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

Bob, thanks so much the charger is a Delta Q or QuiQ. Should I buy one online and is there anything else it might be? Thank you so much for your help!
Old 04-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That charger is known for problems with melting plugs. Unplug the charger plugs and carefully inspect. There are retrofit kits for your harness to upgrade to the newer style of that charger with more robust plugs.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #5
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

FYI- it was, in fact a bad charger that was the problem. I was able to buy the exact charger with all of the factory quick connects already on it for a very reasonable price from EV drives, very helpful company too.

Tags
ezgo 2five
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO