lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 EZGO TXT Project

The family decided we needed a neighborhood hauler so I found a 2014 EZGO TXT 48v cart. It had the 2” EZGO lift, new wheels and 20” tires along with the fold down rear seat already done. A huge thanks to Scottyb - his upgrade suggestions and advice was perfect. I’m getting right at 25 mph with the upgrades below and great torque. Feels like a different vehicle.

Here is my progress:

Completed:
-Installed Scottyb Special - new XCT 400 controller w/ fan, 200a solenoid, new cables FN2 and digital volt meter
-rear grab bar
-mirrors
-seat belts

Coming Soon:
-Rhox Street Deluxe LED light kit from Jason (sitting in the garage)
-Red & black seat covers from Up to Par (ordered)
-Voltage reducer from Scottyb
-Rhino line body red & clean up and paint a couple rust spots while body is off
-Wet Sounds Stealth 6 HD sound bar
-Grey Cart Outfitter Foam Flooring

Questions:
-Does anyone have photos of how you install the alltrax function controller box in the dash? I’m having a hard time figuring out a good looking/useable way to mount.
-Any other no-brained upgrades that I should have on my list?

I’ll get some photos up soon.
Texasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 EZGO TXT Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbass View Post
-Does anyone have photos of how you install the alltrax function controller box in the dash? I’m having a hard time figuring out a good looking/useable way to mount.
Not that, but here are two different eras of dashes I've had. I just cut steel plate I had, used paper cutouts and glue stick to get the layout just right before drilling and painting.

I removed the pot from my LED dimmer and mounted it on the plate. I'm sure you can do the same with yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2327.jpg (114.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2368.jpg (125.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3063.jpg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That dash looks great. I’m going to have to try that.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You can take the fn box apart and just mount the knobs right into the dash. My series cart has just the one knob, but it’d be the same for the others, I believe. My fn dial is the one on the left of the bottom section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68FF012E-5390-4CB5-97DF-1A14487F7427.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2DCDBAD9-1985-4DAA-8D72-ADB80767CC90.jpg (106.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F70227BA-39FB-410D-B1BB-49E5A6E16C66.jpg (200.7 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

How often do you use it? Would inside the glove box be convenient enough? Just as an option.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #6
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a dash cover and mounted my speed controller to it. If your original dash is like mine it has very few options for mounting it. I like what Orangeman6 did with his controller. I wasn't brave enough to disassemble mine that much. I did move the cord from the bottom of the box to the back of it. (Yes, it is a Navitas OTF controller but, similar challenges of mounting.)

NavitasSpeedControllerDashMount2.jpg
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are a few photos of the beginning and then the Alltrax controller, solenoid and volt meter install.

Yurtle & Orangeman6 - How did yall cut that metal plate? I’m good with wood, but havent done much with metal. I like the idea of taking the FN box apart and integrating with a custom metal dash plate.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #8
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Coming Soon:
-Rhox Street Deluxe LED light kit from Jason (sitting in the garage)
-Red & black seat covers from Up to Par (ordered)
-Voltage reducer from Scottyb
-Rhino line body red & clean up and paint a couple rust spots while body is off
-Wet Sounds Stealth 6 HD sound bar
-Grey Cart Outfitter Foam Flooring
I would advise against using Rhino liner. Assuming you are saying that as the actual brand you are thinking of using. My truck has the rhino liner, and it sucks. Sticks scratch it, never mind anything else! Once it gets an actual scratch, it starts to peel.

I think any of the bed liners that have that "rubbery" feel, will scratch easy. They are nice for keeping things from sliding around in a truck bed as much. But for long term use, or as a body paint, they just don't hold up. I went with Raptor liner on my cart. It does not have that "rubbery" feel to it, and seems to be good at not easily scratching. There are other brands like it as well.

Good luck with the build! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Here are a few photos of the beginning and then the Alltrax controller, solenoid and volt meter install.

Yurtle & Orangeman6 - How did yall cut that metal plate? I’m good with wood, but havent done much with metal. I like the idea of taking the FN box apart and integrating with a custom metal dash plate.
Jigsaw. I've seen members use thick plastic, which can also be cut with a jigsaw. Proper blade is necessary and technique if using plastic, to avoid melting.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #10
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Yurtle. I’m going to try the thick plastic first and then may try the metal if I can make the plastic look good.

BBBHC- Thanks for the warning. I had been planning to do Rhino lining, but I’ll do more research. The Raptor coating looks promising. Have you noticed much fading?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO