lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default SR48500 Alltrax questions for series

I put 6 new US 8VGC XC2 in it yesterday. Yes it is a series cart with the alltrax sr48500 controller and super duty F/R and the 400 amp solenoid. Don't think that I have every thing correct with the controller yet.

Is it normal that you can only monitor the gauges in the alltrax program when the solenoid is engaged? that's when mine shows on the computer.

Also, it isn't seeing the reverse signal, forward speed setting changes the forward and reverse speed equally. I can leave the reverse speed set to 0 and still go 100% speed in reverse.

Just not sure what wires I have crossed up or wired wrong.
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Default Re: SR48500 Alltrax questions for series

Here is how I wired my series cart with the SR48500 controller and reversing contactor. Also, look at the diagram, did you hook up a wire from you fwd/rev switch (reverse side) to the Blue-reverse terminal on the controller. This will tell the controller to operate in half speed when in reverse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5016 (1).jpg (79.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5079.jpg (63.8 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply, after looking at the book again that came with it and looking at what I had done earlier, I had made some mistakes and finaly had that Ah Ha moment where everything just clicked. The wiring on this cart lookes like everyone that has owned it before me tied into the wires and add their own stuff.
The controller is coming on with the key now, not the solenoid. and the reverse tab is kicking in when in reverse so the controller is doing as I would expect it to.
So now to get with Scotty and find out which motor will be best for me.

Thank you for your help.
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Thanks for the reply, after looking at the book again that came with it and looking at what I had done earlier, I had made some mistakes and finaly had that Ah Ha moment where everything just clicked. The wiring on this cart lookes like everyone that has owned it before me tied into the wires and add their own stuff.
The controller is coming on with the key now, not the solenoid. and the reverse tab is kicking in when in reverse so the controller is doing as I would expect it to.
So now to get with Scotty and find out which motor will be best for me.

Thank you for your help.
No problem, glad you were able to get it going
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO