lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
Hilljl09
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 TXT won't charge. New batteries

Have a 48 volt 2013 TXT. Purchased new Trojan T-875 batteries at the end of March. Everything was working fine, but 2 weeks ago the powerwise EQ charger started not wanting to charge. Tried it on a buddies RXV and it wouldn't charge his either. Borrowed his Accusense charger to make sure that's the one I wanted, but it came on once and kicked back off about 30 seconds later. I've check the voltage on the whole pack and it's slightly over 48 and all batteries have slight over 8 volts. Any ideas of what I could check before driving an hour the the nearest service place?
Hilljl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 TXT won't charge. New batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilljl09 View Post
Have a 48 volt 2013 TXT. Purchased new Trojan T-875 batteries at the end of March. Everything was working fine, but 2 weeks ago the powerwise EQ charger started not wanting to charge. Tried it on a buddies RXV and it wouldn't charge his either. Borrowed his Accusense charger to make sure that's the one I wanted, but it came on once and kicked back off about 30 seconds later. I've check the voltage on the whole pack and it's slightly over 48 and all batteries have slight over 8 volts. Any ideas of what I could check before driving an hour the the nearest service place?
48 volts is dead. Did you break them in properly? Do you check electrolyte levels? Charge after each and every use? I'd try and charge them ASAP, even if you have to use a car charger. Did you measured the voltage while attempting to charge with the other charger? Results?

48 volts should be high enough for any charger to kick on.

In the future, we need battery voltage to two decimal places and pack voltage to one.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The TXT48 has a safety interlock wire. It is a small gray wire connected to the battery pack with a small black sensor on it. Inspect this unit, make sure it is solid enough to resist a pull twist test. Clean the connection if corroded.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
Hilljl09
Not Yet Wild

The only gray wire i see on the cart exits the back of the charge receptacle, but it's never been connected. When i noticed it wasn't connected i check my buddies and his isn't either. His charges as it should. Is it possible that the charge receptacle has gone bad? How can i go about checking voltage going to the receptacle? Should have at least 48 volts i assume.

Also i am aware that 48 volts is dead. When i first got the batteries they all had roughly 8.40 volts. I would always charge the batteries after use. Before riding the next day or so i would check individual voltage on the batteries to ensure they had charged, and they would alway be at that 8.40 range.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
Hilljl09
Not Yet Wild

I attached two pics of the gray wire i saw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190516_165644.jpg (207.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190516_165620.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

FWIW mine is connected to the pack negative terminal.
Same charger on my 2012 txt 48 volt.��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
rmswenson747
Not Yet Wild

did you resolve this? my cart suddenly has stopped charging, no LED lights on charger or cart.
rmswenson747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Powerwise QE failure? Does it flash red?

Oh and FYI that grey wire with the block on it is a temp sensor and should be on pack main Positive, not negative.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #9
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had a charging situation that may sound stupid but what the hell it happened....parked my 2009 RXV...got the Powerwise charger out plugged it in ...red flashes from the LED's...unplugged everything ..replugged it again same thing...I removed the cart plug which as you know.. the pins are in a shroud cover...I had a look inside the shroud and low and behold there was a small rock jammed between one of the pins and the side of the shroud which was stopping the plug going in all the way...removed the rock ..all OK
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

this 'shroud cover' wouldn't happen to have a run/tow switch and two fuses attached would it not? Because you're lucky to not have EOL'd the controller from that!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO