lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
tys454
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax Problems?

I need some help, I don’t know what the next move should be. I have an Alltrax DCS controller on an 09 EZ-go pds cart. If you press the pedal, solenoid clicks but cart does go anywhere. It has a code on the controller 5 red blinks. I spoke to Alltrax they told me to test the field wires and it read 0.7 ohms. They believe the motor is bad. So I spoke to a motor repair shop they said to jump A1 to F1 and A2 to F2 and power it up with a small battery and the electric motor excited like it should and spun the tire. So I don’t know if I need a motor or controller or also has brand new Trojan batteries one month old. I appreciate any assistance.
tys454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax Problems?

The motor wires for the TXT go through a metal ring where they bend around the metal battery box frame. They can rub the coating off allowing the bare wire(s) to contact the frame or ring at this area. This will cause a short that may have killed your old controller and is giving the 5 blink code on the new Alltrax.
Remove the passenger side rear tire to access this area.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
tys454
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the response Scotty. It’s all new wires this is a shuttle cart on 23s. The controller solenoid was definitely bad. I tested it and replaced it. So maybe controller took a dump when solenoid went bad ? What controller would you recommend on a cart like this?
Old 05-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Old controllers had zero reverse polarity protection - it was pretty easy to kill them. The new Alltrax has reverse polarity. The XCT48400 is the most popular choice for this cart
Old 05-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys454 View Post
I need some help, I don’t know what the next move should be. I have an Alltrax DCS controller on an 09 EZ-go pds cart. If you press the pedal, solenoid clicks but cart does go anywhere. It has a code on the controller 5 red blinks. I spoke to Alltrax they told me to test the field wires and it read 0.7 ohms. They believe the motor is bad. So I spoke to a motor repair shop they said to jump A1 to F1 and A2 to F2 and power it up with a small battery and the electric motor excited like it should and spun the tire. So I don’t know if I need a motor or controller or also has brand new Trojan batteries one month old. I appreciate any assistance.
Does that even work???

Which Alltrax controller do you have? Is this a new to you cart? Is this a new problem? What is pack voltage 12 hours after charge completes?

With SepEx motors, the A1 and F1 are connected together and to 12 - 18 volts one pole. A2 and F2 are connected together and to the other pole of the batteries you use for testing. Only test while motor is installed on rear-end. Motor only has one bearing and the rear-end has the other. Don't let it run for more than a few seconds.

Go to Alltrax' website and download the manual for your controller, and see what the blink code is telling you. Note which are green and which are red. The first green blinks - if you get them - are throttle type.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #6
tys454
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Apologies typo DCX controller Is on the cart everything has been good the kids were riding around our pond doing God knows what and it left them stranded.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Same question. Do you have a DCX controller on a PDS cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys454 View Post
I have an Alltrax DCS controller on an 09 EZ-go pds cart.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #8
tys454
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes
Old 05-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Question for ScottyB and/or JohnnyB. Is it a problem running a PDS cart with a DCX controller? I'd think at the very least the map would be different.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It was confusing the old Alltrax Controllers were DCX and the first Ezgo Sepex cart was DCS - it was easy to confuse the two. Anyway there was a PDS model DCX control which is now replaced with the XCT for PDS
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO