lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Default Express L6 72v Upgrade - Rear 2" Hitch

I recently purchased a 2018 72v Express L6. I like that everything was pretty heavy duty straight from the factory, but I do plan to make a few upgrades. Since BGW is very easily searchable (especially directly from Google) I'll try to document my upgrades in individual threads. For whatever reason, I don't get notifications from the BGW site, so if you have questions, email me. My email is bedn0009@ Google's email service.
  • I wanted a hitch, but didn't like that most of them on the market put the entire load from that hitch on the rear step platform.
  • I wanted to avoid drilling any new holes in the cart, platform or frame if possible (it is)
  • I wanted a 2" receiver. Not because I want to pull a huge load, but almost everything that mounts via hitch (bike rack, cargo rack, etc) is available in 2"
  • I don't weld, but I found a local guy who did it for $60
  • I bought the steel that I needed from a website called Discount Steel. They have everything and cut everything to size - and they're local for me so no shipping charge
  • The hitch parts are from Amazon, uncoated receiver tube and safety ring from Curt mfg. Pretty cheap and purpose-built.
  • This is attached to the cart through the frame via some holes that were already in the bag well, and via some angle iron matching up to some holes in the platform - I just extended the bolts and replaced them with galvanized
20190510_160325.jpg

20190510_160340.jpg

20190530_185937.jpg

20190530_190024.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-212545_Amazon Shopping.jpg
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Express L6 72v Upgrade - Rear 2" Hitch

Nice looking upgrade, if you lived close to me we could have powder coated it for you.

Looks great, nice work.
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO