lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #21
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS ITS Question

The only thing in the box is the ITS and micro switch. I’m replacing both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #22
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

New discovery today.

I put the new ITS sensor and switch in the pedal box but I’m still getting a 1-2 error. Is there a procedure that I have to do to clear the code?

I went to push it out of the way in my shop and forgot to flip it to tow mode and the beeper went off and I could feel the controller holding be back so I’m assuming that’s a good sign from the controller?

Any more ideas? DANG FLOOD!!!!

Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Try cycling the Run/Tow switch and/or disconnecting either B+ or B- at battery pack.

Using an Ohmmeter, measure the conductivity of the black and white wires that connect ITS sensor to controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #24
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HAHAHAHAHA! I’m such a BONEHEAD!

I completely forgot to plug the pedal box molex connector back into the controller after I put the new ITS in!![emoji1787][emoji1787]

She works like a champ again. Something I learned through this whole process....

The ITS being open or unwired WILL keep the solenoid from closing. It appears that the micro switch isn’t the device that “closes” the solenoid, but tells the controller that yes, the pedal is being pressed. Once the plunger breaks the plane of the ITS opening THEN the solenoid closes. This does make sense seeing as how the PDS controller keeps the solenoid closed until the cart comes to a complete stop for 1-2 seconds and then opens it.

I’m back up and running and thanks everyone for the input!!

[emoji1689][emoji1689][emoji1689][emoji1689]

Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The PDS controller is a more or less a drive-by-wire system. The pedal switch is in fact the device that tells the controller to activate the solenoid and the controller will do so, but only when other criteria are met. The throttle signal being within the acceptable range is one of those criteria.

Glad to hear you got it going.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #26
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The PDS controller is a more or less a drive-by-wire system. The pedal switch is in fact the devices that tells the controller to activate the solenoid and the controller will do so, but only when other criteria are met. The throttle signal being within the acceptable range is one of those criteria.

Glad to hear you got it going.

Yes sir, you are right and worded it WAY better than I did. Lol!

Thanks again bud!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO