lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid / alltrax controller wiring?

So I have started the swap over and I am stuck on wiring the solenoid / controller. My molex connector has a white, a black, a green, and a red. Once I cut it to change out to spade connectors the instructions for the Alltrax controller say red to red terminal, orange to blue, white to J4, and black to J5. My black wire coming off the solenoid that was a ring connection make a spade connection and that goes to black terminal on controller.

So my question is my green from the mollex goes to what? My old orange wire goes from my F&R directly to my old controller which is a logisystems 480.

Next is I have red wires going from old controller to solenoid and from solenoid to the mollex. Am I supposed to eliminate these and go right from mollex to Alltrax? See pic with wires labeled A & B. A goes to mollex, B goes to controller.

It started off as a 1996 ezgo txt series cart 36 volt. It was upgraded once before and I am changing it all out again. To 400 solenoid, alltrax SR48500 and HD F&R. I will upgrade to 48v also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ab.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg inst.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg molex.jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid / alltrax controller wiring?

The green wire goes from the mollex to I believe the key switch.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop View Post
So I have started the swap over and I am stuck on wiring the solenoid / controller. My molex connector has a white, a black, a green, and a red. Once I cut it to change out to spade connectors the instructions for the Alltrax controller say red to red terminal, orange to blue, white to J4, and black to J5. My black wire coming off the solenoid that was a ring connection make a spade connection and that goes to black terminal on controller.

So my question is my green from the mollex goes to what? My old orange wire goes from my F&R directly to my old controller which is a logisystems 480.

Next is I have red wires going from old controller to solenoid and from solenoid to the mollex. Am I supposed to eliminate these and go right from mollex to Alltrax? See pic with wires labeled A & B. A goes to mollex, B goes to controller.

It started off as a 1996 ezgo txt series cart 36 volt. It was upgraded once before and I am changing it all out again. To 400 solenoid, alltrax SR48500 and HD F&R. I will upgrade to 48v also.
You should eliminate the Molex connector, then you already have all four wires of the same color on the male and female Molexes. See fourth attachment.

The Molex you want to put spade connectors is the one that connected to your old controller, not the one mentioned above.

There's a better way to wire up the controller, and switch positions of MS2 and KSI, suggested by Sergio and JohnnyB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New and improved series.jpg (130.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR before.jpg (138.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR after.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok that make more sense that the mollex was eliminated on the original upgrade. Does the solenoid keep the two red wires on it in my picture labeled with the a&b?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Ignore the last wiring diagram. This one allows controller to be on whenever the key is on. That eliminates it turning on off on... every time you press or release the go pedal. Courtesy of JohnnyB.

The first two photos show changes at the FNR only, to make it where you can use the key switch to power or trigger anything. Before, any time you change forward to reverse, a reducer would turn off then on again. This is courtesy of Sergio.

Sorry for the first wiring diagram, it has Sergio's fix, but not ScottyB's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New and improved series2.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your A and B wires will still go the same place on your solenoid as before the red that went to the Logisystems control will go to J1 RED. The Black from the solenoid with a ring terminal on it can go to the controller B- instead of J1 BLACK. No worries there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #7
Troop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so leave the black ring terminal to b-and not change it to the spade connector to the black j1 on the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO