lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Test Controller & Motor (No batteries)

Hi All,

Did a bunch of searching on Google and Google isn't cooperating. I have a cart with no batteries and I wanted to hook it up to a proper power source to see if the controller and motor are working.

2004 EZGO PDS TXT 36v

Something that can convert AC to DC that I can plug right into the wall. The batteries were cracked, drained and dead. The controller and motor look good but, can't tell until it is hooked up to power.

Thanks,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Test Controller & Motor (No batteries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Hi All,

Did a bunch of searching on Google and Google isn't cooperating. I have a cart with no batteries and I wanted to hook it up to a proper power source to see if the controller and motor are working.

2004 EZGO PDS TXT 36v

Something that can convert AC to DC that I can plug right into the wall. The batteries were cracked, drained and dead. The controller and motor look good but, can't tell until it is hooked up to power.

Thanks,
Impaled
How about using a good 48 volt cart and automotive jumper cables?

Oops, I see you need 36 volts. Use slightly lower if you can't get to 36, like 32.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
How about using a good 48 volt cart and automotive jumper cables?

Oops, I see you need 36 volts. Use slightly lower if you can't get to 36, like 32.
That would work if I had my other cart close. :( Its 100km away at the park now. This is my new project cart. :D Came without batteries but, it was the price of a steak dinner for a family of 5 and was real clean. Not too worried if the motor and controller don't work but, it would be a bonus.

Putting in a new 48TXT wire harness into it and may swap the wire harness and motor with my TSX3.0 600amp and Navitas High Performance motor and put this stuff into my other cart. *If the controller and motor work.* If they don't work then, I am going to put a TAC2.0 600amp and a 5kw Navitas AC motor in and sell my other cart. :D

Don't want to have to lug my cart back from the park just to see if the motor and controller work. Controller looks mint and the motor looks good. I may pop the motor and take a look at it as I have the cart fully disassembled. I will post a new thread with the deets on this rebuild later.

Just looking for a cheap source of power to see if I should order a new motor and controller. :)

(To be frank I am hoping they don't work so I can get the TAC2.0 600amp and 5kw AC motor. But, I need to prove to the wife that they don't work first. LOL)

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
That would work if I had my other cart close. :( Its 100km away at the park now. This is my new project cart. :D Came without batteries but, it was the price of a steak dinner for a family of 5 and was real clean. Not too worried if the motor and controller don't work but, it would be a bonus.

Putting in a new 48TXT wire harness into it and may swap the wire harness and motor with my TSX3.0 600amp and Navitas High Performance motor and put this stuff into my other cart. *If the controller and motor work.* If they don't work then, I am going to put a TAC2.0 600amp and a 5kw Navitas AC motor in and sell my other cart. :D

Don't want to have to lug my cart back from the park just to see if the motor and controller work. Controller looks mint and the motor looks good. I may pop the motor and take a look at it as I have the cart fully disassembled. I will post a new thread with the deets on this rebuild later.

Just looking for a cheap source of power to see if I should order a new motor and controller. :)

(To be frank I am hoping they don't work so I can get the TAC2.0 600amp and 5kw AC motor. But, I need to prove to the wife that they don't work first. LOL)

Cheers,
Impaled
You mean you don't have regulated PSUs on your bench? The closest down and dirty way that may work, is an old PC power supply. There are plans on how to mod it to output 24 vdc, which may power up your controller. What you can do then???

A motor can probably be tested on a car battery with jumper cables. Series motor test is just hooking up the rotor and stator in series. For a SepEx you would hook them up in parallel.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:24 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The motor test can totally be done with a car 12v "jump start box" (not those fancy new ones that might fit in big pants pockets). I have never used any thing but a jumper box for dc motor tests.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO