lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2019, 04:54 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Doubletake 80" Top on RXV

Looking to put a Doubletake 80" top on an RXV WITHOUT using candy cane type struts OR doubletake rear seat. See attached pics.

Has anyone else done this?

All I can find out about the attached pics is that they are using a generic Chinese Rear seat kit and rear strut kit from doubletake. Unfortunately, I can't identify/buy that seat

In the past I have used Universal top from Nivel with GTW or MJX rear seat and strut kit for MJX 250 (26-117, though they do not advertise it, same strut kit works with GTW and MJX 150).

I can use Pro-fit, MJX, or GTW rear seat and either the struts above or doubletake struts. I am just trying to figure out what seat kit/strut combination will work and hoping maybe someone here has already done this and can point me in the right direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5c336b54ff1c078c51a11a11_dsc00898.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5c336b507569f5dcfffed89b_dsc00895.jpg (105.8 KB, 0 views)
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: Doubletake 80" Top on RXV

Do you have a preference to another back seat kit? You could do the madjax 150 and use their universal rear candy cane struts. Should work just fine, I did that on a txt. The struts mount in the outer corner of the rear seat and go straight up to the top.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiloverCarts View Post
Do you have a preference to another back seat kit? You could do the madjax 150 and use their universal rear candy cane struts. Should work just fine, I did that on a txt. The struts mount in the outer corner of the rear seat and go straight up to the top.

I don't like and I am trying to avoid the candy cane struts, looking for the look in the pics above
Old 06-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #4
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Use doubletake rear struts on a genesis 150 rear seat. You may have to drill 2 holes per strut but they will mount just like the picture. wwwextremekartzcom/doubletake-seats-rear-seat-struts-factory-top-yam-drive-cc-precedent-rxv/?sku=FACT-STRUT-ST&gclid=CjwKCAjwuqfoBRAEEiwAZErCstpblB9xy3yKiIALp sffv4kkNYo4gGEFANmMeHH9CS9XcAoE9lTNJBoCdWsQAvD_BwE

CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiloverCarts View Post
Use doubletake rear struts on a genesis 150 rear seat. You may have to drill 2 holes per strut but they will mount just like the picture. wwwextremekartzcom/doubletake-seats-rear-seat-struts-factory-top-yam-drive-cc-precedent-rxv/?sku=FACT-STRUT-ST&gclid=CjwKCAjwuqfoBRAEEiwAZErCstpblB9xy3yKiIALp sffv4kkNYo4gGEFANmMeHH9CS9XcAoE9lTNJBoCdWsQAvD_BwE

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to know and wanted to be certain before I ordered. I do not like CC struts and the doubletake rear seat overpriced and is also not popular.

Have you actually built one in this configuration before?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO