lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #21
Bamarep
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 03 EZGO won't move in forward or reverse

Thanks guys. I'll try this when I get home and report back.
Bamarep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Get you an alligator clip jumper and connect it from battery pack B+ to the small post on the solenoid with the red wire on it. If it runs then it will verify one of the micro switches or wires on the activation circuit that Yurtle referred to. If not continue on with the steps.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
One thing you are missing is the solenoid already clicks. You are bypassing several switches, so it will still click, just with more UMPH. But...

Shouldn't/wouldn't it be more effective to resolve the problem; namely, controller pin 4 isn't seeing pack voltage? I'd jump from pack positive to pin 4. Then we will have proved? What?

Just to clarify, since we're learning... The solenoid clicks. This means all switches kinda work. However, the power input to the controller - pin 4 - is seeing 10 volts less than pack voltage, so that's likely why it won't go. It wants 38.2 volts +/-, but is only getting 28.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:17 PM   #23
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
One thing you are missing is the solenoid already clicks. You are bypassing several switches, so it will still click, just with more UMPH. But...

Shouldn't/wouldn't it be more effective to resolve the problem; namely, controller pin 4 isn't seeing pack voltage? I'd jump from pack positive to pin 4. Then we will have proved? What?

Just to clarify, since we're learning... The solenoid clicks. This means all switches kinda work. However, the power input to the controller - pin 4 - is seeing 10 volts less than pack voltage, so that's likely why it won't go. It wants 38.2 volts +/-, but is only getting 28.
Well my thinking was, there may be enough voltage to make the solenoid click, but not enough to power the logic in the controller. This would just eliminate the activation circuit. If cart runs, you know where to start checking. I chose the small positive solenoid post because it's easier to connect the clips to. It's only about a 2-3 inch wire that runs from the solenoid to the logic pin on the controller. If there is a problem there it should be obvious.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Well my thinking was, there may be enough voltage to make the solenoid click, but not enough to power the logic in the controller. This would just eliminate the activation circuit. If cart runs, you know where to start checking. I chose the small positive solenoid post because it's easier to connect the clips to. It's only about a 2-3 inch wire that runs from the solenoid to the logic pin on the controller. If there is a problem there it should be obvious.

We're "violently" in agreement, but maybe not clear to newbies?
Old 06-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

This may be a unique situation. Usually the solenoid activation circuit works or it doesn't. This one appears to kinda work, like Schrodinger's cat. Jumping it proves the rest works "if" the wire and spade terminals from solenoid and controller pin 4 are good. Odds are in its favor.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #26
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
We're "violently" in agreement, but maybe not clear to newbies?
I'm not as good as some on here about breaking it down into details. I really suck at that actually. I know how to do it, but can't tell you how. People they come in my shop think I don't want to teach them anything, but that ain't it. I'll show you all day long, I just can't tell you! [emoji2]

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
Bamarep
Not Yet Wild

OK guys, I'm back to messing with this wreck after being sick for a few days. I went through the steps of pinging the wires to the throttle control out, when I plugged them back up, the solenoid doesn't even click anymore. I did the wires one at a time so I know I don't have them in the wrong spot.

I started from step 1 in the troubleshooting and I'm now getting pack voltage to both sides of the solenoid. The guide indicates that this means the solenoid is fried.

Thoughts?
Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 AM   #28
Bamarep
Not Yet Wild

shameless bump
Old 07-06-2019, 01:05 AM   #29
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You lost your help.

If you’re getting pack voltage to the small posts, but the solenoid isn’t engaging, sure sounds like a bad solenoid to me. Can a solenoid be damaged in a way that it only passes some voltage? It sure sounded like a low voltage issue when it didn’t have enough umph to turn the wheels.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 AM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Sorry guys I'm late to the party here and thinking out loud. But in post #3 you say you did not put the run/tow switch in "tow" when you pushed it.

Is this a 48 volt cart?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO