lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48 Volt RXV Conversion: Cable lenghts?

OK, last parts needed are the cables. Anyone have the definitive lengths needed? Gonna use Trojans 8V, what size lugs, 5/16?

Thanks!
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48 Volt RXV Conversion: Cable lenghts?

Monday bump??
Old 06-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you are converting to 8 - 6v and, I think , all RXV's came with 4 - 12v, you'll have to measure and make them yourself. Yes, 5/16" hole is correct. Recommend at least #4 ga, preferably #2. You can get everything to make them on Amazon; cable, lugs (plated only), shrink tube and a hammer crimper.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Since you are converting to 8 - 6v and, I think , all RXV's came with 4 - 12v, you'll have to measure and make them yourself. Yes, 5/16" hole is correct. Recommend at least #4 ga, preferably #2. You can get everything to make them on Amazon; cable, lugs (plated only), shrink tube and a hammer crimper.
^^ This. It is just better to make custom ones yourself. I went with a different crimper than a hammer crimper. They all do the same thing though.

As well, what battery tray did you get for the 4x12v to 6x8v conversion for your RXV?
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
OK, last parts needed are the cables. Anyone have the definitive lengths needed? Gonna use Trojans 8V, what size lugs, 5/16?

Thanks!
If you want to do it like this, there are 4x15" and 1x10' for the batteries. Probably more than one way to orient the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0444.jpg (367.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered a tray #627656 (or new part#). I have the tray but have not tried to install it yet as we still use the cart. I'm assembling all the needed parts, then will switch everything out and hook it up so there is no down time, aside from charging and battery break-in. I wanted to have the cables ready to go, and the batteries will be the same day purchase/core swap and install so I don't have to make 2 trips.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
If you want to do it like this, there are 4x15" and 1x10' for the batteries. Probably more than one way to orient the batteries.
Is that on the tray for the 4x12 RXV or a new tray?
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Is that on the tray for the 4x12 RXV or a new tray?
Different tray than for the 4x12. This one is steel not aluminum. I assume it came from EZGO. RXV's can be ordered with 8v batteries.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO