lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 txt new Trojans won’t travel more than a mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdendfd View Post
There is a circuit for the stereo, the siren, and the light kit. Do those have to be wired in a certain way so that it doesn’t drain those two batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, but I see a LOT of wires connected to pack negative, pack positive, and what looks like 12 volts from pack positive and 12 volts away from pack negative.

Your batteries are new. You know how to charge and maintain them, yet for some reason, the last set of batteries had two really dead ones. Now, a repeat. Save the batteries first, then slowly hook up things you want, and can confirm are wired correctly. You have two options; either a deep cycle aux battery, or a reducer. A reducer places the load across all batteries, rather than just two.

Neither will correct a problem which has nearly killed two batteries in a short amount of time. I may be exaggerating the severity of your problem, as I never let my batteries get unbalanced, even when I had three 12 volt circuits. I just know batteries are not cheap, and like to err on the side of caution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (102.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2873.jpg (456.2 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
There is a circuit for the stereo, the siren, and the light kit. Do those have to be wired in a certain way so that it doesn’t drain those two batteries?

To avoid discharging some of the batteries in a battery pack more than others, 12V accessories should be powered from a voltage reducer than converts the battery pack voltage (IE: 36V) down to 12V. This will discharge all batteries equally.

Another viable option is to install a separate 12V battery to operate the 12V accessories.

Also noticed that 5 batteries have one type label and one has a different type. The date code should be stamped into the negative terminals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #23
Snowdendfd
Not Yet Wild

I did notice that about the batteries last night. They are all Trojan T-105 and have the same specs. I’m not sure what’s up with the different tags. What’s the best/easiest way to keep an extra battery charged?

Snowdendfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #24
Snowdendfd
Not Yet Wild

Also what do you guys suggest for a reducer. I see them all over the net @ all different price ranges.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
HAH! Missed that too. I typically ignore pics that aren't attached - too big - or are too small. I'll bet his batteries can be "fixed" by eliminating whatever parasitic load is on them. Should have been obvious when two weak batteries are next to each other, and first or last in line.

Good catch.
Now we can see it. Four out of six batteries have wires on them, agree?

Crap, I can download it. I give up.

EDIT: Here are two wires on two batteries and a lot on two more. Looks like multiple circuits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (137.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (371.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
March 22 of this year I had six brand new Trojan T105 batteries installed by the local battery shop.
I trusted this. Can you check date code? Some are more patient about impossible pic attachments.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have to have a 12V charger in addition to the 36V charger to charge the 12V accessory battery, so it is a bit more of a hassle to keep everything charged.

On the other hand, using a voltage reducer only requires the 36V charger since it draws power from the 36V battery pack.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #28
Snowdendfd
Not Yet Wild

It’s @ the battery shop now. From what I can see in the picture they are all stamped B9 then there are stickers that say either C 9 or 3 9

Old 06-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It’s @ the battery shop now. From what I can see in the picture they are all stamped B9 then there are stickers that say either C 9 or 3 9

You should be fine then. I had to special order mine, yet I still got two different types of fill caps. Worked out good for my extra two, which were the odd ones out.

Check out my post above. I had to PrtScr twice, but posted pics of four of your batteries with wires connected to ???
Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #30
Snowdendfd
Not Yet Wild

So the battery shop finally called back and said the batteries are all charged and In good shape. There is an analog state of charge gauge on the cart that was there when I bought it. It always reads even when the key is off. They think this may have drawn the batteries down. Is that a possibility even if the charger is always on it when it’s not in use?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO