lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
Mikemo3
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 RXV Upgrade

Recently purchased a new to me 2011 RXV and I recently replaced all 4 - 12V batteries.

My 2 main questions are:

1) I had planned on lifting the cart to accommodate 14 wheels/23" tires. Do I need to upgrade my controller or no?? If so, could someone please link or go about pointing me in the right direction.

2) Recommendations on lifts? A-Arm vs Spindle? I'd rather do it right or the best option the first time.

I'm a newbie to the golf cart world and this forum so if I did something wrong or what not, just call me out. I'm here to learn. Thanks all
Mikemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 RXV Upgrade

If you are going to lift and use 23" tires on the RXV, you will definitely need the 350 amp controller. You will also have to do the conversion to the Curtis controller as yours will have the Danaher being a 2011. The RXV in it's stock setup really will not do well with any tires over 20.5" in diameter. It will really tax the driveline system to the point of failure if larger. I did a lift on one a while back using the spindles and it worked out fine for my purposes. Ride was pretty good. I also went with larger tires on it, but did upgrade to the 350 amp Curtis controller. Mine was a 2014 model that came with a factory Curtis so the switch was fairly easy.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Mikemo3
Not Yet Wild

Is it a kit I need or just the controller? And do you recommend any particular place to get it from? I’m not sure what the going rate is for the 350 Curtis
Mikemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemo3 View Post
Is it a kit I need or just the controller? And do you recommend any particular place to get it from? I’m not sure what the going rate is for the 350 Curtis
You are better off sticking with not lifting the cart, but if you insist on lifting it and going with 23" tires. Welcome to a wallet draining addiction

For a Danaher RXV with six 8V batteries...

https://shop.txtsv.com/danaher-6-8v-...conversion-kit

or

For a Danaher RXV with four 12V batteries...

https://shop.txtsv.com/speed-control...-12v-batteries

The six 8V kit is less expensive right now, it comes with more battery interconnect cables. It can be used on either RXV.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO