lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
jbarrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 EZGO Rear Axle Issue

Good Evening,

Just purchased a 2002 EXGO TXT and I pulled body and batteries to start a restoration and I pressure washed everything and put it in the garage. I have been out of town all last week and when I went to push cart out of the garage it felt like it was stuck in gear, I jacked it up and tires spin but in opposite direction. Anyone have any idea what it could be? And thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 EZGO Rear Axle Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrr View Post
Good Evening,

Just purchased a 2002 EXGO TXT and I pulled body and batteries to start a restoration and I pressure washed everything and put it in the garage. I have been out of town all last week and when I went to push cart out of the garage it felt like it was stuck in gear, I jacked it up and tires spin but in opposite direction. Anyone have any idea what it could be? And thanks in advance.
Water seeped into the motor when you pressure washed it. Then the armature laminations and stator laminations likely rusted to each other while you were away. You should be able to wick some penetrating oil like WD-40 into the gap between the rotor and stator and let it soak in really good all the way around, then break it free. You'll have to unbolt the motor from the transaxle to get at one end of the inside of the motor to do it. It's easier than messing with the brushes end since you likely have no experience working with those.

To break it free, try remounting the motor and then rocking the cart forward and back. It may take a bit of force to break it free.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
jbarrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the reply, and when I pull the motor where do I apply the WD40? Is there a certain spot, and yes not familiar with the motors. Lol

Old 06-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
jbarrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pulled motor sprayed some CRC electric motor cleaner in it mounted back up and I now have a rolling golf cart. Really appreciate the help.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO