lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
fldave
Not Yet Wild

Default Part Number Help - Express L6 72v

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for parts/part numbers?
I’m looking for the brake light/turn signal kit for a 2019 express L6 72v.

Having such a hard time finding anything online.
I thought my brake lights would come on with regenerative braking, but they don’t so I’d assume the turn signal kit would fix this.

Thanks in advance everyone.
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Part Number Help - Express L6 72v

I think the RXV is the only one that has a brake light relay with VCL support for regen brake light operation. This is because the 72V carts have physical brakes in addition to the regen. When we enhance the regen braking, it is to prolong the service life of the physical brakes. The VCL was not written to support regen brake light operation.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
fldave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I think the RXV is the only one that has a brake light relay with VCL support for regen brake light operation. This is because the 72V carts have physical brakes in addition to the regen. When we enhance the regen braking, it is to prolong the service life of the physical brakes. The VCL was not written to support regen brake light operation.
That makes sense. Even then however, my brake pedal doesn’t light my brake lights bulbs. All they seem to be right now is tail lights.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:29 PM   #4
fldave
Not Yet Wild

Was able to get up under the dash tonight.
Seems everything there with the white 8 pin connector which currently has the factory jumper installed. Is there any reason a kit like this wouldn’t work?

Hopefully the link isn’t in violation of forum rules and I apologize in advance if it is.
I just don’t understand their foot note on why it’s not for 72v carts?
It mentions gas an electric 2019 but I didn’t think they even made a 2019 48v?

https://www.countrycat.com/e-z-go-62...oaAiVkEALw_wcB
Old 07-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Was able to get up under the dash tonight.
Seems everything there with the white 8 pin connector which currently has the factory jumper installed. Is there any reason a kit like this wouldn’t work?

Hopefully the link isn’t in violation of forum rules and I apologize in advance if it is.
I just don’t understand their foot note on why it’s not for 72v carts?
It mentions gas an electric 2019 but I didn’t think they even made a 2019 48v?

https://www.countrycat.com/e-z-go-62...oaAiVkEALw_wcB
The factory jumper is why the brake lights are not working. The brake circuit is jumpered to the taillight circuit. Look it up and see what you must do to enable the brake light circuit and seperate it from the tail light circuit.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #6
fldave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The factory jumper is why the brake lights are not working. The brake circuit is jumpered to the taillight circuit. Look it up and see what you must do to enable the brake light circuit and seperate it from the tail light circuit.
Thanks as always Bob! I've got it all working. They don't sell a "KIT" so I had to purchase the components individually. Took about 10 minutes to install and everything is working.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO