lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Good price for a used cart?

It seems that many of the key members on here know a lot about the market.

What is a good price for a minimally street legal, mid-teens (2013- 2016) RXV? No lift, standard tires, no paint job, ...

What are the key things I should be wary of when looking to buy a cart?

Is there a better part of the country to buy from? I travel to NC/SC somewhat regularly and could always ship from across country if the math works.

The only complexity is that I need it to be street legal (at the start [emoji6]) and for the cart to be given a VIN so I can register it and get licenses plate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Good price for a used cart?

The Age, Type and visual conditions of the batteries should be on the top of the list. The 4/12volt setup just does not seam to last. We use craigslist to get a base line on what carts are selling for in our area.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV's don't have a vin and you can't get one from the factory far as I know.
The EZGO street legal cart is called the 2Five and comes with a vin. Based on the RXV chassis. Likely will be hard to find used (cheap).

Some states will let you install the necessary street legal equipment and then after an inspection or other bureaucratic procedure assign a vin. Florida and Arizona are two I can think of at the moment.

I have seen some companies on the web advertising street legal golf carts including RXVs meaning they have assigned a certificate of origin/vin themselves. I don't know how they do this or if it is really legal. Doesn't really mater if no one is checking.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a brochure from the state of Florida regarding street legal LSV. Here is florida the dealer did all that for me as my 2five had a VIN #. The insurance was a difficult to find, and is expensive for a true LSV.

I also did a google search that you should do something similar to find a dealer in the area you want. If you find a dealer in NC/SC they should be able to explain the process to you.

google search = north carolina golf cart exgo 2five
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LSV brochure.jpg (395.6 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just to add... when buying a used electric cart, unless it has BRAND new batteries, I would also price with the intention of spending $600-800 in batteries as soon as you bring it home. It may not need them immediately the day you bring it home, but probably won't be long before it does. You can never count on previous owner maintenance of the batteries being good, and it may be that first 4-5 mile ride when you notice that they're not up to snuff. lack of battery maintenance can dramatically shorten their lifespan, even on new batteries. I've seen carts with 1-2 year old batteries that are completely shot because they didn't maintain charge correctly, didn't maintain water levels, etc. But I've also seen 6+ year old batteries that still work like new and will give you 15-20 mile range.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Just to add... when buying a used electric cart, unless it has BRAND new batteries, I would also price with the intention of spending $600-800 in batteries as soon as you bring it home. It may not need them immediately the day you bring it home, but probably won't be long before it does. You can never count on previous owner maintenance of the batteries being good, and it may be that first 4-5 mile ride when you notice that they're not up to snuff. lack of battery maintenance can dramatically shorten their lifespan, even on new batteries. I've seen carts with 1-2 year old batteries that are completely shot because they didn't maintain charge correctly, didn't maintain water levels, etc. But I've also seen 6+ year old batteries that still work like new and will give you 15-20 mile range.
My take on a deep cycle golf cart battery, new or used, is follow the manufactures guidelines. When I bought my new 2five I watch every video Trojan had for my particular battery. I called them several times and they were awesome explaining to me how to care for them. Water, specific gravity, equalization charging... I learned a ton. My second cart was a used RXV. So same procedure. I called the manufacturer and talked to them directly. I was surprised I had some warranty left. There were enough markings on the battery for them to identify it. There best practices are pretty similar.

I used to tell my children just do their best. That's all anyone can expect. So I do.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO