lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 ezgo txt 36 volt not working

The other night one of my employees brought this cart back to the shop and it was good. Less than 10 seconds after he got off of it, i got on to bring it inside to charge. When i pressed the gas pedal down it had nothing. No go, no solenoid click.
I put my meter on the pack and got a pack charge of 38.8. So it still should have moved. As i was pushing it inside i could smell warm pastic. Batteries and cables felt cool to the touch. I touched the controller / solenoid cover was very hot.
I placed it on charge for tge night and started looking into it this morning.
Since i had no solenoid click i started by replacing it with a brand new one. I still had no click. I had a coworker help me test the wires from the gas pedal back to the solenoid. We had continuity on all 4 wires, and could see the pack charge when the gas was pressed. We also checked the key switch, all good.
I did a motor test, and it was good.
I then had a thought that the controller had burned up(since the cover was hot when the issue first started). I took a known good controller off another 36v ezgo. I placed it in the cart, hooked everything back up. Still nothing.
I placed the suspect controller on to the second cart, and it worked.
So then i thought that possibly the new solenoid was bad out of the box. So i took another brand new, out of the box solenoid and hooked it up. Still have no go, and no solenoid click.

So now im right back to where i started. Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
stonewolf2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 ezgo txt 36 volt not working

Problem solved. It was the reed switch.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
stonewolf2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO