lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo 2five power upgrade?

Wanted to see if my 2011 2five was able to be upgraded? I live in a subdivision with a bunch of hills and lose power and speed pulling the hills. It has the 12v batteries x4 in it not the 8v x6. It also has 14” rims and low profile tires.
Didn’t know if my current set up could be an easy controller reprogram fix. Also, does the electric motor have a typical shelf life? My cart has over 4500hrs on the odometer, I bought it from a university that drove around campus a bunch.
Again, I am hoping for an easy upgrade to increase the power and top speed.
GolfcartJoeWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 2five power upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfcartJoeWV View Post
Wanted to see if my 2011 2five was able to be upgraded? I live in a subdivision with a bunch of hills and lose power and speed pulling the hills. It has the 12v batteries x4 in it not the 8v x6. It also has 14” rims and low profile tires.
Didn’t know if my current set up could be an easy controller reprogram fix. Also, does the electric motor have a typical shelf life? My cart has over 4500hrs on the odometer, I bought it from a university that drove around campus a bunch.
Again, I am hoping for an easy upgrade to increase the power and top speed.
Sorry, but most 2011 2Fives have a Danaher controller. The Danaher controller is underpowered enough for an RXV with the 16.99:1 gear ratio. while the 2Five has 14.76:1 gears and weighs a lot more due to the beefier cage and windshield that better protect occupants.

The motor torque with the Danaher controller is barely adequate for flat ground with stock tires, now it's been saddled with larger rims and unknown tires. If you had the Curtis controller version, I could help you with more torque by reprogramming the controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sorry, but most 2011 2Fives have a Danaher controller. The Danaher controller is underpowered enough for an RXV with the 16.99:1 gear ratio. while the 2Five has 14.76:1 gears and weighs a lot more due to the beefier cage and windshield that better protect occupants.

The motor torque with the Danaher controller is barely adequate for flat ground with stock tires, now it's been saddled with larger rims and unknown tires. If you had the Curtis controller version, I could help you with more torque by reprogramming the controller.
Thanks Bob,
Can you send me a link to the controller and associated parts I would need to buy to get It upgraded?
Old 08-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Bob,
Can you send me a link to the controller and associated parts I would need to buy to get It upgraded?
I sent you a PM with a link to a used Curtis 2Five controller with the mount to replace your Danaher controller. I bought one of those myself for my 2011 2Five. You'll need to either buy a new 2Five main harness for that Curtis controller, buy a Danaher to Curtis conversion kit (A short harness adapter and a small box with two 23 pin sockets), or convert your existing harness like I did. If your existing harness is in good shape, that may be your best option. The Danaher uses a 23 pin connector, the Curtis uses a 35 pin connector. It's nearly identical to the RXV Danaher to Curtis conversion with a couple of changes. One, there is no large resistor for draining battery pack overcharge on the 2Five. And two, the 2Five has a cooling fan that blows on the controller heat sink to help keep it cool. Here is a link to the conversion thread.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ocumented.html

Bob
Old 08-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob is this his other choice?

2FiveConversion Kit...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Bob is this his other choice?

2FiveConversion Kit...
Yes, that is the complete kit from E-Z-GO. The adapter harness is #9 and the box is #10.

Bob
Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
GolfcartJoeWV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for the info, if I buy these items would I need you (Bob) to program? If so how much performance upgrade should I see? I currently use the cart in my neighborhood and can get to 24mph on flat but slows to about 12mph pulling hills. What kind of numbers should I expect with the new set up?
Really appreciate the information!
Old 08-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #8
relcead
Not Yet Wild

bob i tried to contact you in pm. i had no luck. i try again.
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #9
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob, I am ready to send you a controller to be programmed. What is your turn around time? What is the donation amounts you are custom to?
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:04 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks again for the info, if I buy these items would I need you (Bob) to program? If so how much performance upgrade should I see? I currently use the cart in my neighborhood and can get to 24mph on flat but slows to about 12mph pulling hills. What kind of numbers should I expect with the new set up? Really appreciate the information!
The Curtis controller should give you more torque than the Danaher from the outset. If you want to get the full capabilities, you'll want to send it to me for some reprogramming. Just send usgicollector a PM when you are ready. You had better order that controller, it is the only one left. If it sells to someone else, you'll be spending 2 to 3 times the price to get one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO