lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
Yousamook
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with an EZGO TXT

A good friend of mine gave me his old golf cart because he never really used it. He bought it from a neighbor, used it a couple times and had it sitting on the side of the house. I decided to take it and basically change everything on it. He told me that it was a 1998 EZGO TXT “Harley Davidson Edition” series electric edition. Basically the whole body was diamond plated. The Golf Cart is in rough shape so I took it down to bare bone and toned the current body. I purchased a cowl from a 99 TXT. When I try to put this plastic body on my frame, it does not seem to fit. Every research I have done indicates that this body should work as long as my golf cart is truly a 98 txt.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

I went through the manual and it does look like it could be a txt. The body I bought for it came from a txt because it even has the txt 48 sign on the side.

I don’t want to invest in purchasing a new frame. It does seem like the current frame has some modifications made but I removed all of them.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Yousamook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with an EZGO TXT

Can you find the serial number on your cart to confirm the year? Also, I’m not at all positive, but I don’t think they made a 48v txt in 99??? Maybe that cowl you have is quite a bit newer than 99? Either way, I thought the txt bodies were interchangeable throughout the years. One of the experts will be along soon with some definitive answers.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
rib33024

Yes TXT body's are the same from 95 to 2010 some where around there. The TXT 48 volt came out around the same time 2010. Post some pics of the cart. Under the seat and the whole cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
Yousamook
Not Yet Wild

This whole car was redo with the diamond plated theme so everything was stripped. Nothing is really from the original golf cart and unfortunately it does not have a plate with a serial number. All I have is a bill of sale from my friend when he bought it from his neighbor who no longer lives there.

Attached are pics of when I got it and some of it stripped.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
rib33024

In the first pic. Is that pink piece on the cart metal or plastic? . That looks like a marathon not a TXT. It would be 94 and down.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That looks like a Marathon not a TXT. 1994 or older. Metal body. TXT's have a plastic body. That said I think I have seen somewhere on here a long time ago where someone actually fitted a TXT front body on a Marathon. Not the back however.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
rib33024

Here's some threads

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...upgrade-2.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...-marathon.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...-marathon.html
Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #8
Zincode
Getting Wild

What I can see in the first picture is a marathon battery arrangement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is definitely a marathon. That hump in the floor pan is Marathon signature feature as well. In the second picture you can see the resistor coil pack by the left rear tire behind the driver and the motor parallel to the axles makes this about 1986 to 1989
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
Yousamook
Not Yet Wild

I really appreciate all of your help. Question, will a steering box assembly from a marathon fit on a txt?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO