lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
staplesofficewar
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V TXT Curtis Controller "Neg la 250" fault?

Hi All,

I included this question in a much longer post, but wanted to call more pointed attention to this question.

What is this fault mean?

thanks
staplesofficewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48V TXT Curtis Controller "Neg la 250" fault?

That refers to the plug braking current exceeding 250A. Normally happens when the vehicle is switched from FWD to REV while driving at full speed. To be fair the owners manual says don't do that. Otherwise its probably from going downhill with a heavily loaded vehicle.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
staplesofficewar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
That refers to the plug braking current exceeding 250A. Normally happens when the vehicle is switched from FWD to REV while driving at full speed. To be fair the owners manual says don't do that. Otherwise its probably from going downhill with a heavily loaded vehicle.
Ok thanks. Definitely did not put switch from fwd to reverse while moving. I was going down a hill and got up up to about 23 mph before letting off. maybe the regen braking is set incorrectly?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by staplesofficewar View Post
Ok thanks. Definitely did not put switch from fwd to reverse while moving. I was going down a hill and got up up to about 23 mph before letting off. Maybe the regen braking is set incorrectly?
Not set incorrectly, it's a factory default setting. You just operated it in a manner that caused it to exceed its rating. You are lucky if you did not damage the motor or controller by doing that. You can overrev the motor, then letting off the go pedal suddenly at greater speeds can cause it to destroy the motor and the controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
staplesofficewar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Not set incorrectly, it's a factory default setting. You just operated it in a manner that caused it to exceed its rating. You are lucky if you did not damage the motor or controller by doing that. You can overrev the motor, then letting off the go pedal suddenly at greater speeds can cause it to destroy the motor and the controller.
Thanks Bob. I had never heard that letting off the accelerator too fast can cause that. I am concerned as to why it allowed me to get to that speed however. My other cart limits right at 19-20 and you can feel it easing up. This older cart doesn't seem to do that for some reason.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO