lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Uncommon Key Switch for 2017 EZGO RXV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonniUtah View Post
You guys are great, thank you!

Kernal is yours a late model RXV? Because what Im hearing is it's the 2015-2019 RXVs that you have to be very careful with...

Thanks!
First time I've ever heard that. Far as I know all RXVs (electric) are susceptible to damage by poking around in the wiring with uninformed hands.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
So just a follow up on these "unique" keys. I took my two cart in different direction the other day. Dropped the RXV off for a friend an took the 2five for warranty work. They both have a different unique #on them. I had both rxv keys and one 2five key. When I got to the dealer for the 2five service it was starting to rain so I quickly unloaded and parked. The service manager jumped in the 2five and took it around back. When I got home I notice I had both 2five keys at home. Apparently I put the rxv key in the 2five and it worked.

Today when I picked it up the service manager brought my cart around and said my key wasn't working. He started showing me my key vs his. But then stopped when I said you and I both drove ot with the key I gave you. It's really weird.

So did he make a new key with my #?

Do 2five dealers have a master key of some type?
I can't answer any of that, but when I had my RXV built I was told there were only six(6) variations of the "unique" key. I can't verify this but the builder who told me that has been otherwise knowledgeable and his business is substantial. EZGO has a couple of other 72v carts using the same key switch.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #13
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I can't answer any of that, but when I had my RXV built I was told there were only six(6) variations of the "unique" key. I can't verify this but the builder who told me that has been otherwise knowledgeable and his business is substantial. EZGO has a couple of other 72v carts using the same key switch.
You know there is a 3 digit # on the key and the key switch. That leads me to believe there are 1,000 variations.

I still wonder how he had another key that worked.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm, no numbers on my key.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Hmmmm, no numbers on my key.
My 2five is a 2019 which I bought straight from an ezgo authorized dealer earlier this year.

The RXV I upgraded and just purchased the switch within the last few months.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

We (2five dealers) don't have any "master key", hell, we can't even order you a new key for your switch, even if we have the 4-digit number.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM   #17
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
We (2five dealers) don't have any "master key", hell, we can't even order you a new key for your switch, even if we have the 4-digit number.
My just has 3 digits. 000 - 999 makes 1,000 possibilities. But after thinking about it, I can't say the don't use 5, 6 or 8 digits? I've only seen 2 carts. The both have 3 digits in between 300-50.

So how did he move my cart?
Old 08-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Most of these locks use blade type pins that are not always perfect. You can put any key in that will slide in and bounce it around a bit and it just might turn. Also I do believe they only made like 6-10 different keys. I have seen 2. Just because they have 1k variations doesn’t mean they will use them.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My rxv will be home later today and I can upload that key switch then.

Here are the 2five switch and key(gold). The other key is the rxv(red/black bat girl.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190824_111950.jpg (231.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190824_112247.jpg (128.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190824_112046.jpg (256.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So, there are no numbers on the key switch or the keys that I got from the same place linked to in post #1. Currently I'm storing an additional 2011 RXV for a couple of days. It has a unique key also, probably a factory one. It has numbers (3) on the key switch and matching numbers on the key. My carts' key and the key to this cart are not interchangeable and the standard RXV common key won't work on either. This is as expected.
What I get from this is: if I loose both keys to my RXV I'll have to by a new keyswitch and even if the key was numbered it's doubtful a replacement would be easily obtainable. Ref: post #16

Take from this what you will.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO