lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2019, 01:11 AM   #31
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Uncommon Key Switch for 2017 EZGO RXV?

Not lame on your part, lame on their (ezgo's) part.

Their parts system is so effed up, can't get **** done. Now they say dealers will be charged extra fee for any phone orders. Like "our internet parts system sucks. But if you actually call us, there will be an extra charge". I'm not joking. Ezgo could learn a ton from Yamahas parts system! Ezgos internet version got worse, Yamahas already-better system did some changes, I was scared, but it actually got more condensed into easier (just a small learn, but way simpler). Yamaha has their issues too, like says "in stock", until you order it, then 2 month backorder after the order clears. And "bumping back" the backorder date, Yamaha can be famous for that. (I had to wait months for a new engine once, and my customer was pissed, but lucky for me, also understanding). G14 to G22 engine conversion for his race car tow vehicle, he really wanted it ready for race season. And his wife really loved the matching purple tow cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2019, 05:06 AM   #32
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Not lame on your part, lame on their (ezgo's) part.

Their parts system is so effed up, can't get **** done. Now they say dealers will be charged extra fee for any phone orders. Like "our internet parts system sucks. But if you actually call us, there will be an extra charge". I'm not joking. Ezgo could learn a ton from Yamahas parts system! Ezgos internet version got worse, Yamahas already-better system did some changes, I was scared, but it actually got more condensed into easier (just a small learn, but way simpler). Yamaha has their issues too, like says "in stock", until you order it, then 2 month backorder after the order clears. And "bumping back" the backorder date, Yamaha can be famous for that. (I had to wait months for a new engine once, and my customer was pissed, but lucky for me, also understanding). G14 to G22 engine conversion for his race car tow vehicle, he really wanted it ready for race season. And his wife really loved the matching purple tow cart.
Did online just change recently? I think I notice a difference in the last few days. It doesn't seem the change was for the better. The old setup wasn't that impressive. As an individual they let you create an account. You can also add your vehicles by serial #. But they told me they are well aware of the problem of adding a new 2five. You get some kind of points for dollars of stuff you order. I was having problems with my online orders. So they helped me with them over the phone. I then asked if they could have their IT people add those orders to my account. Oh no sir, that can't be done.

Probably the funniest/worst experience was when I ordered my carpet floor mat. I ordered, paid and got an email receipt. My card was charged. I called to ask about the order and they kept saying call later because they can't see the order. The following day when I called they told me that a dealer ordered 10 the morning after my order. They stated they no longer had any stock for my order. They reassured me not to worry. The next shipment would be in 3 months and I just have to wait. They didn't want to explain/confess what went wrong. I did have someone go above and beyond to help me. Took a day or 2 but the results were incredible.

So as they say "I got friends in low places!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190723_141922.jpg (251.2 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

EZGO dealers don't typically order their parts through Shopezgo dot com. (They wouldn't get "dealer pricing"). I actually like Shopezgo even less than the dealer system, if that's possible. Shopezgo has many parts missing, sometimes even if you search by the current part number, you will get nothing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #34
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
EZGO dealers don't typically order their parts through Shopezgo dot com. (They wouldn't get "dealer pricing"). I actually like Shopezgo even less than the dealer system, if that's possible. Shopezgo has many parts missing, sometimes even if you search by the current part number, you will get nothing.
Or everything! Starting with $1k stuff that had nothing to do with a front shock.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #35
JonniUtah
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
So just a follow up on these "unique" keys. I took my two cart in different direction the other day. Dropped the RXV off for a friend an took the 2five for warranty work. They both have a different unique #on them. I had both rxv keys and one 2five key. When I got to the dealer for the 2five service it was starting to rain so I quickly unloaded and parked. The service manager jumped in the 2five and took it around back. When I got home I notice I had both 2five keys at home. Apparently I put the rxv key in the 2five and it worked.

Today when I picked it up the service manager brought my cart around and said my key wasn't working. He started showing me my key vs his. But then stopped when I said you and I both drove ot with the key I gave you. It's really weird.

So did he make a new key with my #?

Do 2five dealers have a master key of some type?
Interesting follow up man, I spoke to my dealer and he said they only have the factory universal EZGO key, that he actually recommends NOT putting unique key ignition in since they deal with so many people who lose both keys and thats it. Well I dont plan on doing that so I just ordered the unique version you have, will put it in this weekend and update if any issues...
JonniUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO