lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
lblanton
Not Yet Wild

Default Pre 1995 Sb50 Connector on Charger

I have replaced the control board on my charger. The control board has a black wire that evidently goes to the red wire on the supply cable but that wire does not exist. How should I terminate the black wire and what will be the effect? I think I have attached a picture of the wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CircuitBoardWire.jpg (72.9 KB, 0 views)
lblanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pre 1995 Sb50 Connector on Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblanton View Post
I have replaced the control board on my charger. The control board has a black wire that evidently goes to the red wire on the supply cable but that wire does not exist. How should I terminate the black wire and what will be the effect? I think I have attached a picture of the wire.
Output cable perhaps?

Supply cable indicates the AC power cord to me.

Red wire (B+) from control board attaches to the metal heatsink the diodes are mounted on.

Black wire (B-) from control board connects to the center tap of the transformer's secondary winding. (Either of the ammeter's terminals would work.)

The third wire in the output cable remotes the B- connection to the cart's charge receptacle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
lblanton
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Johnny B. for your response. The picture that I have shown is stock photo and is not what I have. I have the sb50 connector which does not have the third wire that you reference. I could not find an image that only has the B+ and B- (Black and White) wires only. Is the black wire on the control board necessary for proper operation or can it be eliminated?
lblanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic showing a two wire output cable.

Both the black and red wires from control board have to be connected or charger won't turn on.
Red = B+ and is connected to heatsink the diodes are attached to.
Black = B- and is electrically connected to the center tap of the transformer's secondary winding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW-II 2-wire output.jpg (123.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO