lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #11
chaput87
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Drop-in lithium battery for Club Car

I did end up finally dropping in a lithium system. I had to move the center controller and relocate it since I had the old split style battery area but I was able to do it without modifying the stock wires.

It's great eliminating voltage sag and I now have an on board charger with an extension cord I keep handy in case I need to charge somewhere.

I'm waiting on getting a new controller and motor until I find a used 6 seater I can pick up to upgrade to. Then I would like to go all out and probably do motor, controller and a dual lithium pack system for extended range. We use our cart a lot with the dogs and friends here in Phoenix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200403_104611.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200403_104627.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200403_104648.jpg (214.3 KB, 0 views)
chaput87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #12
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I used a similar LiFePo4 battery pack from China and have been very pleased with the results. I also had to relocate the controls because of their center location and opted to go 72V 120ah battery. (I have limited the controller to 200A maximum draw (Same power as a 300A draw at 48V) and have no trouble maintaining 35-40mph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 599F37CE-C497-43A7-B9CE-14AACF218DA0.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #13
ProIntimidator
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
I used a similar LiFePo4 battery pack from China and have been very pleased with the results. I also had to relocate the controls because of their center location and opted to go 72V 120ah battery. (I have limited the controller to 200A maximum draw (Same power as a 300A draw at 48V) and have no trouble maintaining 35-40mph.
From which source did you get your battery pack? I've been searching Alibaba and there are so many that it's difficult to decide which. I too am looking to convert my 48volt UTV (Intimidator) to lithium and will need a 120-150ah pack.
ProIntimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #14
Dojq50&CzqC9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

WOW! These installs are so clean and impressive! Can you share links for your builds? I've been emailing with a provider from Alibaba but have not nailed down a specific battery. I WANNA GO FAST!!!!
Dojq50&CzqC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #15
Dojq50&CzqC9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
35-40mph!!!! HOLY CART!!!! Can you please share details of your build?
Dojq50&CzqC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:12 AM   #16
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I now have two builds. I ended up with enough spare parts that I decided to build two and sell one. They are amazing. The cart with 18” tires runs 35 mph, (I limit it to that, it could go faster) it draws about 70A at that speed on level ground, and never more than 160A going up the steepest hills without losing any speed. The cart with 22” wheels is lifted and has front disc brakes added so I raised its limit to 40 (It does pull more current and will lose about 2 mph going up the steepest hills). With 120ah of battery that I can use down to 30%, the ranges are huge as well.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #17
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
I now have two builds. I ended up with enough spare parts that I decided to build two and sell one. They are amazing. The cart with 18” tires runs 35 mph, (I limit it to that, it could go faster) it draws about 70A at that speed on level ground, and never more than 160A going up the steepest hills without losing any speed. The cart with 22” wheels is lifted and has front disc brakes added so I raised its limit to 40 (It does pull more current and will lose about 2 mph going up the steepest hills). With 120ah of battery that I can use down to 30%, the ranges are huge as well.
Doug, how is the new BMS working for you? Did they send the same SOC meter or did they change it?

Any other info / comparisons / changes from the original battery would be appreciated!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #18
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I bought Victron Energy SOC meters for both carts, and the batteries have been great with no issues at all after I replaced the one BMS with an much more heavy duty unit.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #19
alangsam
Getting Wild

Doug - did you ever get the replacement 72V pack from China sent to you?
did they decide what the issue was?
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #20
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I did receive the new battery pack, and after replacing the BMS in the first unit it performs perfectly as well.....

Tags
2015, club car, lifepo4, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car