lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
1leggolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default PDS Engine & Controller get hot and it stops

Hello folks,
First off, great site and thanks in advance for any insight.

My 2006 (that's what I was told at least) pds. It's got a 6" jakes, 23" tires, back seat added but stock otherwise. It's never been a cart that you could get too much fun out of. Barely makes 18 holes and the drive from the house to the club and back. I put new batteries and cables on it 3 years ago. Keep up with the maintenance on the batteries too.

Me thinks the lift and big tires are too much for the controller and engine. They definitely get hot and the cart dies. Wait a while and it's good to go. More weight on cart the less distance. Nothing new to yall I'm sure.

I don't want to drop a ton of money into this thing. Kinda want a gas cart. But I've got to keep this thing running for now. So here's the question.

Which upgrade would get me the most bang for my buck? Controller or motor? I'll probably replace the solenoid too with a heavy duty one regardless. Cheap and might as well in my mind.

Again, long winded but Thanks!

Cheers
Jason
1leggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Engine & Controller get hot and it stops

Welcome to the forum - I know the Alltrax DCX 400 will fix and improve the cart. and you won't find a better price than our overstock sale going on now See pkg 808
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Engine & Controller get hot and it stops

I have a similar setup up as u. 6" lift with 22" tires and a dump bed. I had the same problem. I got 909 package and 2 ga cable set from Scotty b. No problems since. And it's now the fastest cart I've been on. I've loaded over 600lbs and cruise the subdivision for 30 minutes with ease.
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO