lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
tlove007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Shorting he A1 and F1

I was tightening down the nut on the F1 terminal of the motor and did not think to flip the tow run switch or disconnect the batteries. There of course was a loud pop and some sparks etc...and of course the cart no longer runs...just wondering if I blew the controller or they motor or if there's any chance this can be fixed...any ideas???
tlove007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Shorting he A1 and F1

You blew the controller. No doubt about it. It's very common.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
tlove007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I purchased a replacement controller that's on its way. It's the exact same controller that's in my cart now so should be plug and play...I am wondering though...my controller was set to speed code4. Not sure what the new one will be set at...will it matter considering I have a plum quick bandit motor, it's my understanding that the magnet they put in the motor tricks the controller into thinking your only going half speed anyway, since the cart can't go much faster than 24--25mph, even speed code3 (14mph), wouldn't the controller see that as only 12 or 13 and still allow you to go the 24-25?
Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are correct. With a PQ Bandit, it will not mater which speed code the controller is set to.
You will be good to go.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
tlove007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Dude! you just made my day. After my dumbass move of not throwing the tow/run switch in the first place, I'd feel even dumber if I spent all that money on a controller that I would have to take and have reprogrammed Thanks guys!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Just make sure you flip the Tow switch when you go to install the new controller, and disconnecting the pack really wouldn't hurt either...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car