lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RXV key switch ohms???

I would not bother getting a low ohms meter. A regular meter is good enough for most work and low ohms meters are expensive. I don't own one now and I get by with my Fluke. Accurate ohms for low resistance devices is usually not necessary and you can figure other ways to test them. Google Low Ohms Meters if you want to find one.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #22
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok thanks. I looked at the link Johnnie sent, it was interesting.

I wasn't aware that i needed any meter other than the fluke 73 III that i have,

I have been trying to figure out these rxv "reverse" failures, and when checking the key switch, its suppose to have .1 ohms. I have seen .1 on a new one, but on evry used one i have tested( about6 of them), none are down to .1 but they stillwork on the carts they are on.

Thanks Johnnie for your time and input.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
ok thanks. I looked at the link Johnnie sent, it was interesting.

1. I wasn't aware that i needed any meter other than the fluke 73 III that i have,

2. I have been trying to figure out these rxv "reverse" failures, and when checking the key switch, its suppose to have .1 ohms. I have seen .1 on a new one, but on evry used one i have tested( about6 of them), none are down to .1 but they stillwork on the carts they are on.

Thanks Johnnie for your time and input.
1. Your Fluke 73-III meets or exceeds the specs of EZGO's recommended meter. (See attached Cut&Paste from RXV service manual)

V-A and I got off on a tangent, but like CG says, your Fluke 73-III is all that is needed for nearly all measurements made on a golf cart, including the RXV keyswitch.

2. If the key switches with more than 0.1Ω work in other carts, the fact that the keyswitch in your cart has more than 0.1Ω may not be the root cause why it does not work in your cart.

Have you tried your keyswitch in other carts or other cart's keyswitches in your cart?

Also, did you check if both A to C and A to D had low resistance at the same time? (More correctly, both having conductivity at the same time.)

---------
I'm not all that familiar with RXV drive systems, but it is unconscionable that EZGO would plague their customers with a keyswitch/direction selector and wiring harness that won't work with more than 0.1Ω of contact/connection/conductor resistance.

Is it possible to measure the voltage at Pins 1, 12 & 20 in the controller's 23-pin connector?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO Recommended DVOM.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Lets get a handheld code scanner on this puppy.

Look in error AND warnings when cart fails.. preferably plug scanner in then get failure then read.

Please try then post results.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #25
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok i will do that on tuesday. So i get the correct procedure that you want,in the correct order, tell me :

Tow switch in run
Plug scanner in
then turn key switch to reverse?

Is this the order you want?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #26
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Today, i messed around with this rxv, and still have no answer.

First i tried putting key in reverse, i got the clicks and weak lurch and reverse buzzer, but no go.

I then turned to tow, and removed the jumper clip under the cup holder, and plugged in my scanner. ( i found out this is a 2008 rxv, not a 2010).
When i plugged the scanner in, cart worked. I drove it a little, and it would go forward and reverse. So now i'm thinking all i need is anew jumper clip.WRONG.

I unplugged the scanner, then reinserted the original jumper. No go again. I unplugged the jumper and plugged the scanner in again, no go.

My scanner only shows 1 error, 25106, same as always, something about reverse buzzer. Reverse buzzer works fine. I noticed as i was scrolling through the scanner, that the scanner says the forward switch is "on", when in neutral and also when key is in reverse.?? So i tried a new key switch, same thing.
I started cutting wire harness open following wires, for awhile, and find no wire issues.
At 1 point, i put my meter negative on the pack negative, and positive on green ( forward) wire at the controller, i get 50,1 volts in forward. At one time, when in reverse, i had like 37 volts on the green forward wire for a short time, then it bled off????

Also the scanner shows the solenoid off when reverse doesn't work. I placed meter negative on pack negative, and positive to both small solenoid terminals and get 50.1 volts on both terminals. Then with meter wires on the 2 small solenoid terminals, nothing??/

Im stumped that the scanner doesn't show any other error codes . If the solenoid was bad or whatever, i should see that on the scanner.

Any ideas??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO