lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #11
Chrishillccs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48 volt ezgo pds

Thanks for the replies. I do have Curtis a 1264. I ordered the new forward/reverse switch before checking the old one. I checked for continuity in the wiring from the switch to the controller. I was was good. I even just to double check ran new"jumper" wires from the switch to the controller harness and tried that and still nothing. Could it be the TPS controller? Just wondering I don't know if that would make sense since I have no problems with going forward. Thanks again
Chrishillccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #12
Chrishillccs
Not Yet Wild

My cart is a 2005 and yes I do believe this was the 1st year for the pds
Old 01-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
Chrishillccs
Not Yet Wild

So I removed my speed controller and opened up the case. Even cut right through the sticker that said "warranty void if seal is broken”. Wow what a shock! I started ”tone" the 11 pin and 12 pin with a muti meter. I found a difference on these do little round things. Ran to Radio Shack and was told they were diodes. I bought two for $1.49. Soldered them into the circuit board put it all back together and Presto! My reverse now works! Thanks for the help.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:04 AM   #14
Chrishillccs
Not Yet Wild

20160106_172418.jpg
I had to attach wires to the diodes then solder then solder them into the board.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Congratulations. You have 'rebuilt' your control. And for just $3 in parts. This is precisely what re-manufacture companies are doing for about $200. Glad to see you were able to fix it and thanks for posting with pictures
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Way to go Chris!! And thanks for posting till the end. Good job.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
Chrishillccs
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. Like I said this is my 1st cart and would like to do some more mods to it but need to fix all the stuff broken on it first. Anyone know where to buy a new or rebuilt master cylinder for the front hydraulic brakes? It's a willwood master cylinder or do the sell rebuild kits for it? Also that two piece set up to push the actuator on the master cylinder is awful. I've already had to weld the square metal piece back onto the the lower piece. Has anyone every welded the two pieces together? There's plenty of adjustment on the actuator rod. I don't see why that needs to be two pieces?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's a very common cylinder. I found one last summer for my workhorse but can't remember where. Google around for the best price.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #19
Edb75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie is there anyway to direct me to where to get that manual. I have a 2007 Shuttle 4 and can't seem to be able to find that manual.
Thanks
Edb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edb75 View Post
Johnnie is there anyway to direct me to where to get that manual. I have a 2007 Shuttle 4 and can't seem to be able to find that manual.
Thanks
Unfortunately, the website I downloaded it from no longer exists. (This is where it was at: http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...20manuals.html)
Equally as unfortunate is the fact the PDF file of the manual is 25MB and the max size PDF file attachment this forum will allow is 19MB.

Google the manual number (28747G01) and you'll find several vendors selling them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO