lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
zroadrage
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Programming Alltrax SPM controller

I have a alltrex 460a some controller in my 97 txt. New batteries, 4 gauge wires, hd f/r switch, running low profile 10inch tires. Anyway I was playing with controller programming and don't see a difference when I change torque and speed charts. Don't get me wrong cart runs great and is quick and strong. Just wanted to see what kind of difference changing settings would do. Monitoring shows that laptop and controller are communicating fine. If I change torque settings I can't tell a difference. I know with a stock motor I can only have so much speed but thought maybe it would bump up on take off or slow down according to how I set it but seems the same to me. Any thoughts or a.m. I expecting to much?
zroadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
zroadrage
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming alltrex some controller

Meant alltrex spm. Auto correct......
Old 04-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those settings change the way that the throttle "ramps up", not the overall torque of the motor & system. The "max amps" slider has the most effect on torque. The throttle settings change how quickly the change in throttle position affects the delivered power, based on throttle position. You are using the settings for the throttle curve, thinking that will effect max torque. Those curves you are playing with have more to do with the gas pedal response than they do max torque.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

As CG mentioned, the Throttle Linearity, Throttle Speed and Throttle Torque curves alter the pedal sensitivity and and electrical position vs physical position, and as long as they eventually reach 100%, they do not limit torque or speed.

If the Max Motor Amps and Max Battery Amps sliders are are slide all the way to the right and the Peak Amp Mode box is checked, you are at the max torque setting.

The adjustment I believe you are looking for is the Throttle Rate slider.
If it is set to 5%, when you slam the pedal to the floor, the cart's acceleration from a standstill will be akin to molasses in January.
If it is set to 95%, when you slam the pedal to the floor, the cart will try do wheelies and/or spin its tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
zroadrage
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks I'll see what I can figure out

Tags
alltrex, controler, programming, spm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO