lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Charger not kicking on

At what voltage does the Powerwise NOT kick on? I sold my gas powered Marathon the other day and am now looking at a 96 EZGO. The pack voltage is like 25.something and each battery is in the 4.05 to 5.50 range. I think I didn't get them all checked though the spider webs were huge and everywhere. The cart has not been used in several years but still has some voltage so I'm hoping that with a fresh charge it will be ok. i may pull them all and have them charged at the parts store i use they have a very high dollar tester[like $3500 bucks] it discharges then charges back up. Then I will know for sure where I stand on the battery pack. But if someone can tell me when the charger won't kick on[ I was under the impression that when so low it won't turn on]
Also anyone got an idea what that cart should be bought for? It needs a cleanup [and maybe the battery pack but I'll know after the charge]and other than that is is just a regular cart. Thanks for the help
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: Charger not kicking on

Research has led me to think it is 28 volts anyone confirm this? that would explain why at 25 I'm not having a charger kick on.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Charge them 2 at the time on an auto 12v charger then plug in the cart charger again
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
Helirich
Gone Wild

Yes you are correct in that the charger wont come on at a low voltage. But thats neither here nor there. Those batteries are not going to come back to a reasonable condition. Figure new ones in the price.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Research has led me to think it is 28 volts anyone confirm this? that would explain why at 25 I'm not having a charger kick on.
27.5 volts

get a new battery pack as yours my not hold the charge
Old 05-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

you may be able to charge them enough to test the cart operation, but sitting like that has likely ruined the batteries so useful range will not be much.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh I didn't see the part about value. Yes count on batteries being bad. May be good enough to test it though. That's how mine were. I think they sat for 6 months at least low. They were 6 years old but I have them where I can run it 6 to 8 miles. Perfect for short trips and test rides. But I planned on having to buy new batteries just to test it so I am very happy with these so far.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO