lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax Updates

Alltrax updates are coming at an incredible rate for the new XCT and SR controls. If you have this control I advise you update both the toolkit and your control. Version 3.1.5 is here. There are new features available in the program. Exciting shift on the fly software too. All of this is free with your Alltrax control. Many new field maps available too. The latest for IQ is unimap-v1. Alltrax says this unimap works with all sepex motors and will enhance performance for the stock IQ motor. I'll be installing this map in my test cart.

Connect the control to the internet with your laptop and you will be prompted to download updates for the tool kit. You will need to open and 'allow' this new toolkit version to run. I had to close the toolkit before it would update. Once I reopened the controller updated and the field map updated next. Lots of new features. I will be installing the FNKS later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax Updates

nevermind
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Good to know Scotty, thanks
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Got a new version of tool kit with all the Alltrax maps for all the motors in a drop down menu _ WHoo Hoo!
I can finally clean up my desktop! I count over 40 maps on one screen.

Sorry kids it's the secret decoder ring version only the big kids get. Anyway - I got my laptop toolkit updated and my IQ cart updated (XCT400IQ) and built 3 quick modes for the FNKS install. that was easy and fun, pretty intuitive if you don't over think it. Coming soon!

Part of the upgrade offered the new field map 'unimap-v1'. Tech said good things about this map for the stock IQ motor and I'll tell you what... it's true, my cart was smoother, stronger, faster just climbing a few short hills and zipping around the test course here. It was really nice. Can't wait for the switch on the fly hook up. Maybe tomorrow
Old 07-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone had a problem with toolkit 3.1.5 running under windows 10. I have tried to install it several times. When I run the program it never gets to the start screen. Just says there is a problem and does not load.

I had version 3.0 running fine, but upgrading to 3.1.5 seems to be not happening.

Any suggestions... I tried to run under compatibility mode.. didn't work. Tried under administrative mode, did not work
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had problems. When I first down loaded it. It said that no parameters were loaded and I would have to load the defaults. It also showed new pulldown menus. One looked like it was for use with a battery monitoring system and another was for calibrating the throttle auto-cal. When I clicked on the throttle tab it went into an endless loop of errors. I completely deleted the software and reloaded twice. Finally after reloading I got and error that said "No Controller Connected" I decided to check my USB connections. I bypassed the USB connection that I installed in the dash and Viola everything started working. Everything was back to normal, no strange menus or warnings. My feelings are that I downed the wrong software(like Scottys super secret software) or that bad USB connection was causing some really strange problems. One more thing I used Win10 on the Laptop and Windows NT on desktop. Both worked.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Try a fresh download? Call alltrax tech support?
I'm use wn7 and everything is working fine.
Updated the distributor version today - no problems. working good to update & program an XCT control
Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

I tried downloading 3 times. Each time I deleted the previous install. Even on the 3 install the software is not working. Jjance mentioned some wonky things going on in the software which he finally fixed. My problem is that I can't even get to the point were the software opens.

Going to call Alltrax and see if they have any suggestions, otherwise I will have to go back to 3.0

Scottyb, how does one get access to the "secret decoder ring version" Or at least the maps such as 'unimap-v1' that you mentioned.

Thanks
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #9
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you delete it completely including the zip files and setup files not just the program file. Do you get the Alltrax Toolbox icon on your screen?
Old 07-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Uhm, I can email the unimap-v1 file if you email me a request.
I really like it in my IQ. I have one of David's MCOR4s in the cart and it transitions as smooth as glass. And the controller ramp up is responsive.

I run wn 7 because wn 10 is the program Nazi. One of it's main objectives is to prevent unauthorized software from running. In this way MS can rein in the millions of unauthorized applications of it's merchandise. Or so I am told.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car