lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #11
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo 36v to 48v advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You advise everybody based upon 1 ad on your local CL and challenge me to buy something I don't need and this justifies your advise. I think that validates my response.
Scotty, I wasn't "challenging" you. For the very reason you mentioned, I wasn't even doubting you. I assumed that if your in that business and you knew there was a "high demand", you might have a standard core price you give for them. I didn't really think I could sell it to you because shipping would probably make it not worth while for one of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Let the original poster decide
Of course, I agree with this.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2016, 01:12 AM   #12
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

I just installed a xct 400 controller but it doesn't come close to 22mph. more like 10 to 14 mph. There was no increase in speed over stock controller. It just fixed my cutting out issue I was having. all I want out of my cart is to be able to have all of the upgrade I mentioned but have around 20mph speed yet have decent torque because I will be using it for hunting etc. I did turn off the half reverse throttle. But im guessing everything else is preset including the rpm limit. If it not please let me know I did notice that the rpm limit said 1000rpm in grey and you couldn't click to change is this correct. im new to this and sorry for all the questions.
johnalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 AM   #13
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

well I just used my gps and full speed was a whole 14mph. The wind almost blew my hair back!!!!!!!
johnalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnalicia View Post
I just installed a xct 400 controller but it doesn't come close to 22mph. more like 10 to 14 mph. There was no increase in speed over stock controller. It just fixed my cutting out issue I was having. all I want out of my cart is to be able to have all of the upgrade I mentioned but have around 20mph speed yet have decent torque because I will be using it for hunting etc. I did turn off the half reverse throttle. But im guessing everything else is preset including the rpm limit. If it not please let me know I did notice that the rpm limit said 1000rpm in grey and you couldn't click to change is this correct. im new to this and sorry for all the questions.
Don't worry about all the questions. If you don't know or aren't sure, it is typically less expensive to ask than venture blindly into the unknown.

The XCT-48400-DCS does not have the RPM limiting feature due to the fact that a DCS motor does not have a speed sensor.

I should have said "Up to 22 MPH" for DCS carts since only DCS carts in near perfect mechanical and electrical condition will approach 22 MPH just by changing the controller.

In all honesty, I'm not sure why DCS carts go faster with DCX and XCT controllers, but I suspect it is because the filed maps used in them weakens the field more at the top end than the field map used in the stock DCS controller (Curtis 1206SX), which results in a higher RPM with the same voltage applied.

Since your DCS cart didn't see much speed increase, if any, I believe something is holding it back.

When pushed by hand, does the cart push move freely on a hard level surface?

What is the voltage between the XCT's M- and B+ terminals when the cart is traveling a top speed with a wide open throttle on a hard level surface?

Are any of the 10 high-current cables getting hot?

What field map is loaded in the XCT?

Record a data log that includes traveling wide open on a hard level surface, zip it and post it here, or PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address to send it to.

-----------
The trick to having good low end torque as well as good top speed is small tires for torque and high RPM for speed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO