lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Default altrax install help

I got my controller form scott and I could not be happier. I emailed him on sunday expecting to hear from him Monday, but he got right back to me and that is why he got the sale.

I was wondering if anybody had a simple step by step install with pictures or an install video.

any help would be appreciated

ciao
ken
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: altrax install help

IT should have come with detailed instructions. It is a direct substitution of your old controller and solenoid. It's a piece of cake.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IT should have come with detailed instructions. It is a direct substitution of your old controller and solenoid. It's a piece of cake.
thanks for the reply. my directions didn't have the Yamaha info, but scott sent me a link. do you know where the inline fuse gets installed? or do you have a picture for a reference.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Page 20 in XCT manual shows the YDRE install
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I put the inline fuse at the negative terminal of the battery but you could also put it at the positive. I installed on my YDRE earlier this year and it was plug and play. I did adjust things with the software package afterwards.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #6
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I put the inline fuse at the negative terminal of the battery but you could also put it at the positive. I installed on my YDRE earlier this year and it was plug and play. I did adjust things with the software package afterwards.
Can't you put the fuse anywhere within the pack?

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sure you can put it anywhere in the pack. The negative was most convenient for me. I am running Lithium so there are no cables between batteries. (Just copper bus bars)
Old 08-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

has anybody run into hardware issues with this kit. I have already had to go to the store because the kit didn't come with the correct bolts to mount the adapter tray. it also only has 2 bolts to mount the controller to the tray, but the directions call for 4. and now the lugs on the 400a controller are to large to get the wires onto. do I have to get a new set of eyelets and redo all of those also?
Old 08-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The F1 and F2 wires do have to be changed from spade to ring terminals in most carts. Originally these were not included in the kit. Later production kits did include these crimp connectors. Sounds like you got the early kit.
I'm curious to know exactly what hardware you bought.
Like how many what size and thread?
Thank you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The controller cable connection bolts on mine were smaller than the stock ones. I had no problem with my kit. It came with the spade lugs. I got my kit back in January. I bought the adapter kit to attach my controller and it came with the necessary mounting hardware. I did have to trim off some of the extra plastic on the adapter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha