lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on new (used) Club Car purchase

Looking at a new cart for us. The ones I'm interested in have different year frames though look the same with the lift kit, etc. Is there any difference between a 08, 10, and 12 frame? The bodies on all of them are refurbished or painted so all look new. I'm wondering is it worth paying a little more to get a newer frame or not though. Thanks.
dawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question on new (used) Club Car purchase

The Club Car frames are aluminum, so a few years older should not make that much of a difference...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

The frame will not matter, for the age of the electronics it would likely mean a longer time before major repairs are needed. I would assume all come with a new quality battery pack.

The newer the cart the higher comparable value you will have for market/resale value - it would honestly come down to the price difference and how much you can afford to spend.

Many on here have club cars 20 years old and still humming along, you would definitely my vote of confidence in a Club Car.

Would recommend a 48v cart over a 36v if it comes down to budget!
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on towing weight.

On a Precedent 48V club car with stock controller, will it be able to pull (with a frame mount) approx 2600 lbs (19' boat, motor, trailer) a short distance? This would be level, mostly pavement but starting in grass. Thanks for any opinion.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock cart electronics (225 amps) are designed for 2 people to play golf. I suggest you upgrade the controller/solenoid combination (to 400 amps) to pull the boat (in grass)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

I'm a little confused. I had read somewhere on here, I think, that these golf carts can pull 3 other golf carts (approx 3k lbs). Maybe that was a different model? Would a boat be different?
Old 11-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The stock cart electronics (225 amps) are designed for 2 people to play golf. I suggest you upgrade the controller/solenoid combination (to 400 amps) to pull the boat (in grass)
See above, ScottyB is correct ... the stock cart is really designed to play golf, specific upgrades are recommended if you want it to do more than that ... AND ... avoid smoking any of the factory parts in the process. You could always try and see how it does. If the any of the components get hot to the touch you are overloading it and will only be a matter of time before it fails.
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

It depends on how much of hill you pull it up. I remember pushing 100 ton rail cars years ago when I worked at a warehouse. Series carts are used all over this country to move airplanes around airport Tarmacs, weighting from 1000 lbs to 10,000 lbs. I think you will be just fine on level ground.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #9
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Thanks for all the feedback. I originally wanted a RXV due to the looks and top speed plus I had read they have great torque. Luckily I stumbled across a couple of posts that document their terrible torque from dead stop (exactly what I'd be doing). I was just about to buy one before happening across that. Now I guess I'll go with the Club Car. Just want to get the best cart that will also move my boat a short distance on occasion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car