lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #1
Marceaux
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car 1995-Added MPH

Club Car 1995 - It's a factory 48 volt electric cart. Was wanting to get a little more speed before investing to much into it. Any tricks to add a few more MPH?
Marceaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car 1995-Added MPH

If you want the most speed (not torque) for the dollar, look at a Plum Quick Bandit motor and add a controller later....rebuilding your motor will cost you around $250 to $300 dollars, then set aside another $500 to add a controller kit later for the additional torque you might need..

Welcome...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
Marceaux
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions on the best model from plum quick motors best bang for the buck? New to the golf cart game! Doing a lot of research and was thinking they would be a controller- magnet-linkage but think those all fell through on my carts model.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:38 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

The series carts (like yours) are considered the workhorses. More torque and not so much speed. I agree with dannyre, a PQ Bandit will give you a definite boost in performance.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Marceaux
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ,I am going to upgrade to the bandit, wish I new what type of speed its going to make. I am running about 12 now.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

12 is under performing by about 2 mph, chances are you have some performance issues: weak battery power, poor amperage delivery (cables, F&R), Throttle signal calibration problem, motor brushes worn?

I know some people report amazing bandit results but - that is not what is advertised. Advertised speed is plus 2-3 mph
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceaux View Post
Thanks ,I am going to upgrade to the bandit, wish I new what type of speed its going to make. I am running about 12 now.
Mine went from 17mph to 28mph....no guarantee, but they will give you a ballpark figure when you call.

Quote:
12 is under performing by about 2 mph, chances are you have some performance issues: weak battery power, poor amperage delivery (cables, F&R), Throttle signal calibration problem, motor brushes worn?

I know some people report amazing bandit results but - that is not what is advertised. Advertised speed is plus 2-3 mph
Scotty is absolutely correct, might want to find out about that problem before changing the motor out...
Old 11-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe the problem is that Dannyre is talking about a sepex/shunt motor and Marceaux has a series motor. Two completely different animals.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #9
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I believe the problem is that Dannyre is talking about a sepex/shunt motor and Marceaux has a series motor. Two completely different animals.
I stand corrected...

Thanks
Old 11-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceaux View Post
Check to see what type of throtle you have. Either a V-glide (black pie shaped box between the batteries), or a pot box (little black box under the cart). Both can be adjusted to provide optimum throttle.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car