lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #11
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 txt not running problems

yes, just put new motor off another cart this morning cables look good and tight
bsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #12
FF Titus
Gone Wild

What's the Part Number on the motor you installed? You confirmed that's the correct motor for the vehicle you're customizing. I'm not saying this is the case, but just because it fits, doesn't mean it's the right one :)
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #13
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

bl5-4001
Old 12-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is a high-torque series wound motor that can be used in an EZGO.

Connect your DVM between the B- and M- terminals on the controller. (Negative test lead on B- and Positive test lead on M-)

Press pedal just far enough to make solenoid click and you should read FULL battery pack voltage. If not, you have an open somewhere in the high-current cables or their connections, or the solenoid contacts, or F/R contacts, or the motor.

If you do get full pack voltage, press the pedal slowly to the floor and the voltage ought to smoothly decrease to zero volts. If it remains at full pack voltage, either the controller or the throttle input to the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i do get full pack voltage when solenoid contacts, and voltage slowly decreases when pedal pressed all the way down cart still not going until micro switch tapped on, i know crazy,, ive been doing this for 5 years now thought i had seen it all
Old 12-08-2016, 03:44 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

This was a stock 2002 EZGO with a 36V series drive (Curtis 1206 controller) before being upgraded? (I want to be sure I'm looking at the correct schematic to troubleshoot. The HD version with a Curtis 1204 controller was wired differently)

In either case, we've eliminated all the microswitches with the two tests I suggested, so the tapping is effecting something other than the microswitch on the F/R assembly.

Here another test.

Measure between M- and B+ terminals on controller. Should be at zero volts when solenoid clicks and then climb to full pack voltage as pedal is pressed.

------------
Is anything getting hot? A DVM will measure voltage through a very high resistance, but that resistance may not pass enough current to turn motor.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #17
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i recieved the cart in already upgraded, it had a melted terminal in one 8 volt battery replaced all the batteries then nothing, replaced controller now this problem,

doing the test when solenoid clicks the voltage climbs to pack voltage only when it is running if the wheels dont move the voltage stays at 0.00
Old 12-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, the voltage between M- and B+ staying at 0.0V means there is a disconnect of some kind in the high current circuit.

Just to verify, the voltage between B- and M- drops when pedal is pushed whether cart runs on not? If it does, the controller and throttle are good.

-------------
When the voltage is at 0.0V when pedal is pushed, what are the voltages on the four studs on the F/R?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #19
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

do i check from main neg to f&r studs to see voltage
Old 12-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #20
bsource
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

dumb question i know!! the voltage on all four studs is same as pack voltage 52.1 when pedal is pushed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO