lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Think I have more than one problem. Need help.

I've posted here about the kids cart before (a 48v '98 DS), but I'll start this story from the beginning.

Several months ago their cart quit. The batteries were old (2010) and there were charging problems. The charger wouldn't shut off after 24 hours, the batteries would be boiling pretty good. So, maybe foolishly, I didn't really diagnose the reason the cart wouldn't go. I just assumed it needed batteries and I would by-pass the charging problem by switching to the DPI charger. They asked everybody for battery $ for Christmas. And we took care of the charger.

Fast forward to today, I installed the batteries and the cart won't do anything but click when I push the pedal. The new Trojan batteries are giving me 50.1 volts. Where do I start to figure out what else is wrong?

Then the other problem, which may or may not be conected. When I tried to by-pass the obc for the DPI charger, the instructions I found here seemed pretty simple. They said to run a #10 wire from the neg wire on the charge plug to the neg side of the battery pack. Pretty sure I did that part right. Then it said to run a small wire from the -B post on the controler to where the little yellow wire is on the solinoid. This is where I might have caused a problem. I missed the word "little" and the only yellow wire is big. I put a small wire from the -B to where the big yellow wire goes. When I tried it, it sizzled, the little black wire smoked and I knew I'd done wrong. I wen't back and looked at a wireing diagram and saw there are 2 yellow wires on the solinoid, a big one and a little one. Mine doesn't have a small wire that's yellow. There are 2 small blue wires a small red one then the 2 big wires, one yellow and one red. I'm not experienced at reading diagrams, but I think the wire that's supposed to be yellow, is blue?

Where do I start diagnosing? Did I fry something? Where the heck do I hook the wire that comes from -B? Should I just take it to somebody? Any help would be appreciated.
fldoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Think I have more than one problem. Need help.

It sounds like You have a Regen-2 cart (Sepex) cart.

If so, the OBC by-pass procedure for those carts is on "sticky" as well:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1252219
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'm sure you're right. The solenoid looking thing with a coil behind the driver is the regen brake stuff, isn't it?

Any ideas on what to check about it not running?
Old 01-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

Back by the motor, there is a plug that comes from the controler. The wireing diagram shows it going into the back of the motor. There isn't any wires or plug coming out of my motor. It's hard to see up in there, but I can't see a hole where wires would come from. Could this be my problem, or is there an extra plug back there for something I don't have?
Old 01-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

I don't think the plug is supposed to be plugged in? If it is, I sure can't find where. The solenoid clicks, but the cart won't go.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You may have a series motor. OR a lot of times on a regen 2 cart you will find the speed sensor unhooked or removed may have stuck the wire from controller up high and you are just not seeing it. You can look at the end on the motor and tell if had a speed sensor or not.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

I think you're right I don't think my motor had a speed sensor.

Might have created even more problems. I decided to take it to the shop, but wanted to top off the batteries before it went. After figureing out what cart I have, and the correct procedure for bypassing the obc (thanks to Sergio). I cut out the 6 pin plug removed all the pins except the white and blue ones. Then put the fuse from the red one between the white and blue wires. Now it won't do anything. The solinoid would at least click before, it doesn't now.

Fed up with it. It's loaded on the trailer and headed to the shop in the morning. I just hope it dosen't hurt too bad. Thanks for all yall's help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car