lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Where to mount 48 volt converter on club car precedent?

Hey guys, I purchased the madjax 48 to 12 volt converter for my precedent. I'm having a hard time finding a place to mount it. In the Madjax you tube video they mounted it to the passenger rear frame. This doesn't seem like a good spot to me because it could be exposed to the elements. The factory location is up under the front cowl behind the dash. This location is difficult to get to. I've found 2 locations but not sure of them. My first pick would be in front of battery #4 against the battery tub. My only reservation to this location is the heat. The instructions say to mount it against metal because it can get hot. How hot do these things get? When I did a search for mounting locations I saw someone else mounted it here. Another person said not to mount it to anything metal so as to not run the risk of it grounding out. My 2nd location would be on the metal plate that covers the controller. I test fit it there already and it fits perfectly next to the run/tow switch. I would mount it using either Velcro or double sided tape so as no to risk running a screw into the controller. My only reservation with this location would be that it's back to back with the controller and heat may cause a problem. What do you all think of either of these locations?
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Where to mount 48 volt converter on club car precedent?

Honestly, under the cowl in the "factory" location is best.
The cowl is simple to remove. Take the four torx screws out of the cowl trim and the cowl pops right off.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Honestly, under the cowl in the "factory" location is best.
The cowl is simple to remove. Take the four torx screws out of the cowl trim and the cowl pops right off.
Yes the cowl is easy, but what Abbott the shell of the dash? Does it come off as well?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with mounting it in the factory location.

When I installed mine I had the wheels off so there was plenty of room to work in there.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Six more torx screws (maybe eight) and the whole shell and front fender pull right off.
I've seen where the shell has a hole cut in it for access as well.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Six more torx screws (maybe eight) and the whole shell and front fender pull right off.
I've seen where the shell has a hole cut in it for access as well.
Well that sounds easy. Alot easier than trying to mount it from underneath.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #7
beachcarter
Gone Wild

I may be returning this converter now. I ordered the 30 amp because I want to run my lights, wetsounds soundbar and possibly add the 6" wetsounds amplified subwoofer in the future. My concern with this is the added draw on the batteries. I just took some measurements and it looks like I can fit a group 24 deep cycle battery and the sub in the bag well. I think this may be a better option than trying to run all that off the cart batteries.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #8
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Where to mount 48 volt converter on club car precedent?

I put a 12 volt deep cycle battery on the bag well. Also put the blue seas fuse block and battery maintainer in the battery box.
Works great and can run lights and stereo all day and never touch the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
I put a 12 volt deep cycle battery on the bag well. Also put the blue seas fuse block and battery maintainer on the battery box.
Works great and can run lights and stereo all day and never touch the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is a better option. I use my cart alot on the weekends so the less drain on the batteries the better. Plus I can crank the stereo all day and not worry about the draining the pack.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car