lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #11
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help! Precedent headlights not working after auxiliary battery install.

My reason for adding the aux battery was to not draw the cart batteries down with the load from the soundbar and the future subwoofer. The taillights are led and I plan to replace the headlight bulbs with leds as well so I guess I could go back to running the lights off of 2 of the pack batteries. Led lights won't draw that much anyway. I think you said in my previous post that I if were to do it that way I would need to use batteries 4 and 5 not 1 and 2. I'm not against doing that if it comes down to it. I just don't understand why it isn't working the way it is now.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help! Precedent headlights not working after auxiliary battery install.

That looks right, perhaps something came unplugged behind the dash when you were testing the key switch.

Put the cart in Tow and check the wiring behind the dash to make sure everything is connected.

You can also measure the voltage on the light switch in reference to your aux battery negative post to make sure You get +12v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Let me check that. Be right back.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #14
beachcarter
Gone Wild

O ****. I really messed up now. The wires were off at the back of the switch. I assumed they were the wires that went to the light switch even though I had a difficult time getting them on. Thought for sure that was it. Put them on the switch turned it on and loud pop and bright spark now the entire cart is dead. No reverse buzzer nothing. What did i do?
Old 05-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
beachcarter
Gone Wild

O fudge. Those were definitely the wrong wires. There a 2 yellow wires in the harness that were supposed to go to that switch. What are those red and black with yellow stripe wires for. Please tell me there is a fuse somewhere that I blew and not my whole cart. I'm freaking out now.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #16
beachcarter
Gone Wild

No juice to the key switch. No reverse buzzer either. Definetly cooked something.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #17
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Connected the CORRECT wires to the key switch and I do have lights now but the rest of the cart is dead. Help me out Sergio.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good news on the lights

You will need a 15 amp fuse for the cart, those 2 wires are the +48v connections for a voltage meter (red and black/yellow).

The main fuse is located in a fuse holder on the main harness near the bottom of the Controller area.

The fuse holder is at the end of the screw driver in this picture:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...e_location.jpg
You can reach it from under the cart when you remove the plastic cover protecting the controller area:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...dule_cover.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #19
beachcarter
Gone Wild

O thank heaven. I pray that's all it is. Would this fuse prevent the batteries from charging? I plugged the charger in and it clicks as usual but don't hear the usual buzzing and the meter is on 0.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #20
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Good news on the lights

You will need a 15 amp fuse for the cart, those 2 wires are the +48v connections for a voltage meter (red and black/yellow).

The main fuse is located in a fuse holder on the main harness near the bottom of the Controller area.

The fuse holder is at the end of the screw driver in this picture:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...e_location.jpg
You can reach it from under the cart when you remove the plastic cover protecting the controller area:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...dule_cover.jpg
In the first pic the 2 center batteries are removed and the controller panel is out. Using the instructions in the 2nd pic are you saying I can get to it without having to remove the batteries and controller cover?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car