lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default 2001 CC DS OBC issue...

So I know you can by-pass the OBC to correct charging issues but what if the activation circuit has failed in the OBC? Would a by-pass allow the cart to run as well or is JUST for the charging issues? FYI this is on a SEPEX REGEN cart
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 CC DS OBC issue...

Good question as I plan the OBC bypass also in the future when I get new batteries.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #3
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Hopefully one of these fine gentlemen see this and lend their expertise.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You have to da another by-pass.
I think somewhere on this site there is a tutorial
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
So I know you can by-pass the OBC to correct charging issues but what if the activation circuit has failed in the OBC? Would a by-pass allow the cart to run as well or is JUST for the charging issues? FYI this is on a SEPEX REGEN cart
Bypassing the OBC does not effect the carts ability to run. Without the OBC working you loose the communication you have with the charger. Meaning it will not "sense" the charge, cut off, disable movement while plugged it, flash the battery light, etc.

And when you say "activation circuit has failed" do you mean it does not cut your charger on? If so, it fails with a constant "On" command so your charger would run as soon as you plug it in (No 5-10 second sensing delay like normal). If your charger is not kicking on, its probably the relay inside the charger or an issue there.

Others may have more ideas...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
twilliams81
Gone Wild

No the charger is able to come on and charge with this cart...and when plugged in WILL power up the system and allow the solenoid to kick in for a second but solenoid doesn't engage (cart doesn't move) with the pedal even after replacing the MCOR and solenoid which makes be believe that the OBC has it lock out mode. It's worth mentioning I get full pack voltage on both the red and blue and white/red wires on the six pin connector on the OBC
Old 05-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I wish I had more ideas but I do not. I just cannot think how the OBC could hold it out, but the guru's will have more info with their vast experience.

I wonder if you are having a controller issue.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I think on the early systems the solenoid activation used the yellow wire from obc to engage solenoid. To bypass you run a wire from pack negative to where yellow wire hooks to solenoid. That just bypass the obc lock out of the obc.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

As I already stated, the OBC can cause the cart not to run-even late model cars.

Just changed an OBC out a couple weeks ago that the charge circuit was already bypassed and different charger was being used.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can by pass an OBC activation failure by installing a new wire from the solenoid small negative terminal to the controller (B-) or the main battery B-. This will by pass this particular OBC failure but caution, it will also allow the cart to run with the charger in and on. Run the charge cord through the steering wheel before plugging it in so nobody forgets
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car