lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
bizle
Getting Wild

Default Help!!!!! Pot adjustment???

Just bought a 2002 club car ds series cart yesterday and its slow as hell lol it has all new batterys 48volt 3 weeks old
The old man i got it from has owned it for 10 years and he said it has always ran around 8mph ? First lap around my camp site this morr and i know something aint right????
It acts like something is out of adjustment. The first 30% of the gas pedal sweep does nothing?
Do you guys know if this is a pot style golf cart and if so how could I adjust the pot box?
If I can just get through the weekend I'm planning on ordering a high-speed motor and some other goodies this week any suggestions on what motor?
I have own tons of Yamaha gas and EZGO gas and electric carts but this is my first clubcar hopefully this goes well
bizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Help!!!!! Pot adjustment???

Sounds like it may be the MCOR.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PUT THE CART IN NEUTRAL and block the wheels. KEY OFF >

get under the cart and watch the pedal mechanics while you reach above and press the pedal. You may need a helper to do this for you. You will probably see the MOCR shaft not moving until the 1/3 travel you mentioned.
There are many fixes for these mechanical problems. I used a giant pair of channel locks to tighten the mechanism responsible for most of the slop, others hase used a piece of hose and clamp to improve the fit.

Oh yeah, and a new MCOR would help after the adjustment.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is it the two round bars on either side of the pedal that you squeeze? That is where most of the slop is on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
PUT THE CART IN NEUTRAL and block the wheels. KEY OFF >

get under the cart and watch the pedal mechanics while you reach above and press the pedal. You may need a helper to do this for you. You will probably see the MOCR shaft not moving until the 1/3 travel you mentioned.
There are many fixes for these mechanical problems. I used a giant pair of channel locks to tighten the mechanism responsible for most of the slop, others hase used a piece of hose and clamp to improve the fit.

Oh yeah, and a new MCOR would help after the adjustment.
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are many posts about reducing the free play on those old pedal linkages, here are some:

Zip Tie Fix:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post258017
Fuel Hose Fix:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1261051
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm going to try the zip tie fix when I get back next week. Seems simple enough to do. I should probably measure resistance from Off to WOT as well.
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car