lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
dano126
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 Club Car, new batteries, did charge now won't

Hello, I am working on a 1995 Club Car for a friend. It hasn't been run for a few years. I installed 6 new batteries. It ran and charged for a couple months. It will not charge now. Charger does not click when connecting it to cart. Took charger to a friend that has a Club car, and the charger worked, but there was a delay before it did. Took his charger to the cart I am working on and it did not work. Batteries on the cart I'm working on were 41 Volts at that time.
After reading the trouble shooting on the 48 volt club car, I have yet to do a couple of the tests and inspections, such as checking on the gray wire, the fuse on the back of the charge port.
I had also read an article from Impact Battery on why and How to bypass the Club Car OBC. Its sounds too simple to work, but, the article does not say whether you should use the charger that came with the cart.
I am hoping tomorrow I will be going to check the items listed above before I go the route of computer by pass.
dano126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car, new batteries, did charge now won't

first thing i would do is charge the batteries up with a car charger (2 at a time for like 20 mins) just to get them up around 8 volts each. At 41.0 volts they are dead as far as running the cart

OBC bypass is mainly for aftermarket smart chargers . bypassing and using a stock charger the charger will not know when to shut off and the cart will be able to be driven when its still plugged in .

48 Volt Battery Voltage

100% 50.96
90% 50.48
80% 50.01
70% 49.52
60% 48.96
50% 48.41
40% 47.84
30% 47.28
20% 46.64
10% 46.01
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Also, assuming it had been charging, and both chargers work, check the receptacle you are plugging the charger into.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
dano126
Not Yet Wild

Swan, thanks for the info on the batteries. I'm using a small Schumacher XM1-5 and its real slow go for charging individual batteries, in fact, when it says the battery is at full charge, its only about 7.62 volts.
But you say do two at a time, are the two I am going to charge connected to each other by series or parallel?
So, I think I'm starting back to square one as to why this thing suddenly stopped charging. I will charge the batteries up as much as I can and then see what end voltage I have. If you or anyone else has any ideas for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can you bypass the relay in the charger...Take off the cover and pull the 2 large wires off the relay and connect them together..Plug it in and see if it works..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
dano126
Not Yet Wild

will try that, movin-on, will I get fireworks?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano126 View Post
will try that, movin-on, will I get fireworks?
Not as long as you connect them first and then plug to the cart and wall afterwards.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car