lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
Sloanhaus
Not Yet Wild

Default How to watch TV in cart?

Got my radio hooked up. I got one with the flip screen that has HDMI hookup. The radio won't let me watch TV as it has to be hooked up to the break and keeps saying no tv while moving. Is there a way to bypass the break so I can watch it when I'm on the golf course? Basically I don't have the break wire hooked up to anything.
Sloanhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to watch TV in cart?

You will likely need to find out if the brake line / signal from the radio operates on a ground completing the circuit or a voltage reading. Then you can know how to bypass the default setting. My guess is you would find out specific information on how to bypass this on a car stereo forum versus here as they would likely have installers who post how to do this.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

If you have the manual it will tell you which wire is connected to the brake to "sense" whether the cart is moving or no. Simply disconnect and enjoy.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Doc
Gone Wild

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parking-Brak...oAAOSwstJZWAsO You may need to search for a bypass for your specific head unit. They make them for every model. Best of luck!
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
seanmcg
Getting Wild

I had a JVC head unit in my car a while ago and it wouldn't plat DVD's until the car was in park. If I remember right, all I had to do was ground out that wire and it worked all the time.
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car