lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Sunburnt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Precedent will not move

New to Forum as well as Electric Carts. I have a 2017 Precedent that has 49.9 at pack, solenoid will not click when go pedal pressed. I jumped blue green at mcor and still no click. The voltage at small terminals on solenoid is same as pack on both terminals, voltage at solenoid at B+ is a volt or two above voltage on B- without solenoid actuated. If I ground Blue White at solenoid it clicks and voltage at both B+ and B- is pack voltage.

I have schematics on 2014 and it is just not making sense. If you could share your knowledge and experience I would be very appreciative.
Sunburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Precedent will not move

If you have 48+ and 48- and the two solenoid small posts and it is not engaging then your energizing coil inside the solenoid has failed and the solenoid needs to be replaced.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nole is right. Solenoid sounds like the culprit. This model doesn’t have OBC. Coil gonna coil ya know.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
Sunburnt
Not Yet Wild

I changed the solenoid out with a new one and it still did not click when the go pedal was depressed. Battery Pack is at 48.9. I am still baffled that there is a constant battery pack voltage at the small terminals (Blue and Blue White) with switch in run and key switch on.

Your continued suggestions are appreciated
Old 06-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your first post indicated the solenoid was good, but for reference You need to have the meter probes in both solenoid activation posts (at the same time) when measuring.

If You have your meter negative on pack negative, then both terminals will show "pack voltage" on a good Solenoid.

Does Your reverse buzzer makes sound when the FNR is in Reverse?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
Sunburnt
Not Yet Wild

Hi yes it does buzz when in reverse
Old 06-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it helps your diagnosis, the two small solenoid wires should be: solid blue-48v positive all the time when the key is on, blue with white stripe-48v negative when pedal is pressed and micro switch on MCOR is engaged with the key on.

Another test other than just using your multimeter is to jump the blue/white stripe. Jack rear wheels up, disconnect the blue/white stripe from the small post. Connect a jumper wire from the now empty small solenoid post to pack negative, turn on the key and see if it runs. If it runs, need to figure out why the controller is not sending the ground signal through the blue/white stripe wire. Could be the micro switch in the MCOR or a break in the harness somewhere. If it does not run my guess points to the MCOR or even controller possibility being bad.

Is the cart all stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Curtis controller will not activate the Solenoid until all inputs have been satisfied so let's summarize what we already know.

The FNR in Reverse causes the buzzer to sound.
Tow/Run is on Run and working.
The Controller is not on Lockout.
The direction input circuit is working on the Controller.

You have voltage on the Solenoid light Blue wire.
The key switch is working.

Jumping the MCOR 2-pin connector.
Provides the pedal interlock signal.

Connecting negative to the Solenoid Blue/White wire causes the Solenoid to engage.
The Solenoid coil is working.

The final input to test is the Throttle signal since the Controller will not activate the Solenoid until the throttle is above around 15%.

You will need to measure the voltage on Controller pin #2 (Yellow wire) as You press the pedal to make sure the voltage varies from around 0.25v to 4.75v as You press the pedal.

The cart should have one of the rear wheels OFF the ground, key switch ON and FNR in forward.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #9
Sunburnt
Not Yet Wild

Sergio...the test at the yellow input checked out and went from 0.0 to about 4.75 volts as pedal was depressed.

E36Cart - Yes the cart is all stock
Old 06-05-2018, 08:12 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately it all indicates the Controller has failed since all the inputs the Controller needs to activate the Solenoid are present.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car