lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
Donniepowell
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 ezgo pds spindle bushing/pin

I'm working on the suspension of my ezgo 2006 0ds 36v cart. I need to get new spindle bushings. I ordered a set from a reputable vendor which said they fit 2001.5 and up carts. I recieved the new bushings but the outside diameter is too small. I have contacted them with no luck in returning my inquiries. I'm not bashing or mentioning names I simply want to know what to purchase. it does have a spindle lift and the pin sleeve or bushing is approximately 1 inch outside diameter and the new ones were about 7/8. there is no bronze flange bushings or anything so curious what to order. any help is appreciated.
Donniepowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2018, 05:32 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 ezgo pds spindle bushing/pin

Reputable vendors don't blow you off after the sale. We are kinda in holiday mode, so you may have gotten into a vacation snag, but reputable vendors should recognize that we customers get into holiday mode as well.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
Donniepowell
Not Yet Wild

anyone have any advice? I'm lost on this one. it's been a few hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donniepowell View Post
anyone have any advice? I'm lost on this one. it's been a few hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I bought a disc brake kit. The new spindles were supplied with brand new PLASTIC bushings.

I took it to a lawnmower repair shop, and they were able to find new bronze bushings that fit!

Check around your area and maybe you'll find the same sort of solution!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had a similar issue to what Bob had with a Go Kart. I went to Napa Auto Parts and they had many brass bushings but not what I needed, then went to a mom and pop auto parts store and they had the bushing. Napa may indeed be able to get you what you want, but the mom and pop auto parts place helped me for very little $.

Any place that works on go karts, lawn equipment, tractors, etc are likely to be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Take your ID, OD, flange measurements with a caliper before you go.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is the steering box mounted to the front axle or frame?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be the brand of lift kit the prior owner used. The bushings and kingpin tube were smaller than stock by about the same amount you fescribed Turning radius was poor with that kit. Don't know what brand it was. Switched to a Rhox kit and new king pin tubes and all is well. Drastically improved turning also.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #8
Donniepowell
Not Yet Wild

this is a 4blot set up with the steering on the rack. my current set up does not have bushings only a 1 inch spindle pin tube and the bolt that runs through. it currently does not have room for any bronze bushings or flange bushings. I'm still looking for a part number for the 1 inch tube not the 7/8 tube I was sent. I suspect I could use the bushings and the 7/8 tube but don't want to keep throwing parts at it. thanks for the feedback still looking.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The stock king pin tube is part # 70745-G01.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO