lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club car precedent reliability

I was wandering how reliable these things are especially after I changed the controller to a alltrax. The motor to FSIP. And lift kit 6” a-arm alsport. It seemed pretty reliable stock other than the speed sensor putting me in limp mode. That didn’t strand me but it was painfully slow. I guess the thing I would worry about the most is the controller is the alltrax as reliable as the stock controller. Any other problem with this model. It’s a sepex cart I believe 2014 precedent with JE in the vin.I know when we took the side x sides out in a group of 7 we almost always pulled at least one person home. I was also wandering if I stop At a friends house about 15 miles away drink a few beers with him should I plug in for the 45 min or so or should I wate till I get home and fully charge.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent reliability

Just as reliable as a Timex watch! (Or a good ole GM product!!)

That Alltrax is a league above the OEM. More robust, better design, more capabilities and user controls, etc. FSIP is a long proven name in the electrical industry and their motors are part of it. Allsports is a top-tier suspension company and right here in the USA.

Everything you have done will enhance your reliability, capability, and usability....

Absolutely, positively plug it in anytime you can, and more so after a 15 mile run....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Why would anybody buy $2000 worth of cart downgrades
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #4
PJay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Why would anybody buy all this stuff THEN ask if it's any-good?
PJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:06 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I understand it’s the best aftermarket parts but that doesn’t mean it’s as good or reliable as the OEM parts I have bought lots of expensive aftermarket parts that didn’t even come close to lasting as long as the stock parts. Also with all the extra torque are things going to break like axles. I guess there’s no cv joint so I think it’s pretty safe to say 10HP won’t break them.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Why would anybody buy all this stuff THEN ask if it's any-good?
Scotty, why would you answer a newer member asking for help and advice in this fashion???

Pjay, letting someone influence in a negative direction is a path to failure.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #7
PJay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Scotty, why would you answer a newer member asking for help and advice in this fashion???

Pjay, letting someone influence in a negative direction is a path to failure.
Yup, been down this path many a times.... but it's still funny.
Read your own quote at the bottom of your thread,
"There was only one person on this earth that was perfect"
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
This too shall pass.
PJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:26 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
I understand it’s the best aftermarket parts but that doesn’t mean it’s as good or reliable as the OEM parts I have bought lots of expensive aftermarket parts that didn’t even come close to lasting as long as the stock parts. Also with all the extra torque are things going to break like axles. I guess there’s no cv joint so I think it’s pretty safe to say 10HP won’t break them.
I would say you are good to go.

As with anything: tractor, lawn mower, automobile, golf cart, etc. can be destroyed in one day of abuse. Ride on.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

We do want to remember that perception is everything as our "perception" is absolutely our very own reality..... HILAC is still pretty new here and I remember recently that both he and BigOL3 have been doing a lot of posting asking questions and seeking advice from the experience of others. That is where we all come in - A LOT of great knowledge and experience here, not to mention the countless hours we all put in for one another.

The 4 things I try to reveal in my postings/responses to others:
1- Information to help another from my own experience (I sleep at HIE's too!)
2- Details to my answers/suggestions to them
3- Empathy, as sometimes its hard to see something through anothers' eyes
4- To make sure the Member feels their question/concern is important to me and I get them the best answer I can.....

And we all have bias, no matter who we are. I have a little bias when it comes to Vets (as I enjoy the freedoms today that they helped acquire, protect and ensure, so I will go far out of my way for them as they did for us), to Christians, as we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ and since we are God's Soldiers, we march in his name and are all Fishers of Men. And when you think of it, this is a BIG OLE POND!!

And Lord knows I like to kid and play, sometimes too much, but I do hope I never do it at the expense of another (Yes, me and Mooncarter, Don, Nuke, Rib, James, Dundee, etc. all joke back and forth with one another, but I am pretty sure we are all doing it in good taste and there is a high level of respect in each regard.)

NBNMNBFW!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

The thing I see most with upgrades/power adders, wheather it is cars, trucks, pulling tractors ect is some people just don't seem to get the physics of it. Add more power and expect the rest of the driveline to just deal with it. EVERYTHING has to be scrutinized to be sure there are no other "weak links". Installation attention to detail when putting it all together has a LOT to do with reliability too. In our carts that could include picking a location of sensitive electronics, quality connectors done right, wires secured properly and moistureproofing the system if your cart ever sees rain or a water puddle. That, from my expreience, goes a long way to having a machine that is reliable down the road. As far as breaking your rear axle, I wouldn't worry, it's not an EZGO.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car