lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #51
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Club Car 48 Volt No Forward Only Reverse. Please Help been over a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The Tell-Tale was when testing the output from the controller to the motor was correct in Rev and not in Fwd. Since the controller does not know Fwd from Rev in a Series drive system (unlike a Sepex), it had to be something at or inside the motor, barring a short in the controller that just happen to occur when selecting Forward . So we started eliminating the obvious until the issue was identified.

MB90, hope you got you a motor coming and will be rolling soon.
I think that test just showed that was not a complete circuit when the FNR was in Forward.

If the Motor field was open, there would not have been current in the Armature to go in Reverse either since it flows through both coils.

Hopefully a new Motor is all what is needed to fix the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #52
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Club Car 48 Volt No Forward Only Reverse. Please Help been over a year!

Me and David thought that together, but when he completely bypassed the FNR switch, they got Rev and no Fwd....

Again, my point to it being an anomaly. A bypassed FNR switch allowed the motor to run in Rev but not Fwd. Controller output to motor was correct in Rev but not Fwd, and throttle input was correct in both directions.....

I agree with your points on the windings and armature, but none the less, this one was running in Rev and not in Fwd and if you go back and read all posts it was an anomaly from the get go....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #53
MarathonBENDER90
Not Yet Wild

So a little update I finally got the motor off took some muscle and research almost even tried the tahoedawgz method lol. Let me know what you guys think. I got to the inside and i found what I believe is an armature that is broken which is causing the forward signal to not be relayed to the motor? It looks like a replaceable part possibly? Still looking into getting a new motor so took a pic of the gear shaft to see if an of yall might notice any possible problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1638.jpg (278.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1639.jpg (190.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1641.jpg (269.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1644.jpg (151.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1646.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
MarathonBENDER90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #54
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Never EVER use the TahoeDawgZ71 "Drop" Method on a Motor. That has been outlawed in 7 states and is a 2nd degree misdemeanor in 11 more...

None of that looks great.

The Armature is badly worn, the commutator looks a little grooved up, one (1) motor brush is broken (and is what is in your hand), and the armature and stator winding's would have to be meggered as there were issues there in the continuity tests. (The broken brush will account for some)

Looks like it has had a long life and gave its proper life cycle to its owner(s)

Get that new motor and go have some fun!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #55
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Never EVER use the TahoeDawgZ71 "Drop" Method on a Motor. That has been outlawed in 7 states and is a 2nd degree misdemeanor in 11 more...
It's legal in the great state of Georgia!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #56
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's legal in the great state of Georgia!
That’s only 18 states so I guess it’s legal in Illinois LOL
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car