lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #21
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It just slides onto the shaft in the differential where the motor mounts up. Pull the motor off and install the centering kit in this order...

Smooth washer, spring, splined washer, tapered bushing. Then re-install the motor with these pieces on the shaft. It will apply constant pressure on the motor armature to keep it from chattering. The bearing install is a totally separate job as the bearing is on the opposite end of the motor.
What about the 2 rubber pieces that are in the kit?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
What about the 2 rubber pieces that are in the kit?
The tapered bushing is referenced in post #5. The other piece is just a motor bumper that goes down into the shaft of the motor. Be sure to completely remove the old bumper if you install this new one. Lots of people, myself included, choose not to install this piece as I feel it puts too much pressure on the bearing on the opposite end of the motor and can cause premature bearing failure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #23
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The tapered bushing is referenced in post #5. The other piece is just a motor bumper that goes down into the shaft of the motor. Be sure to completely remove the old bumper if you install this new one. Lots of people, myself included, choose not to install this piece as I feel it puts too much pressure on the bearing on the opposite end of the motor and can cause premature bearing failure.
10-4 thanks. I'm guessing the bearing is a replacement for the motor non drive end?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
10-4 thanks. I'm guessing the bearing is a replacement for the motor non drive end?
Correct.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #25
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Update on my 2006 went to pull motor the ear that the 5/16 bolts goes through was broken off. I did check motor and it needs a rebuild. That is the good news bad news is the frame is bent. Looked like it was hit on the left front. I don’t know how I missed that when checking it out. I put it back together. Everything else is good. Will keep it for parts. Going to let Grandkids us it around no the farm.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #26
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yeah that’s disappointing to find out.
As long as the frame isn’t cracked it’s usually fine to keep driving.
If it’s bent far enough that the shock tower isn’t straight you can widen out the holes that the bolts for the tower go through and adjust it slightly to get it to line up properly again.

If it is cracked you can usually put steel plates on either side of the frame to strengthen it, but that depends on where it’s cracked. It may not look the best, but it does make the frame quite a bit stronger.

I have one motor that the lower mount tab is broken off. The other three bolts seem to be holding it just fine, although I did replace those with grade 8 bolts instead of the grade 5 bolts that the factory uses. If you’re worried about it, you can weld a steel tab to the motor case to help hold it in place. It really shouldn’t go anywhere though.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #27
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looked like it was hit up high on the left front. The round rod up front is broken lose form the body and all the welds across are cracked. The frame on top is pushed up on the left side about 3/4 of a inch. Steering is ok. I double check everything else so It will be safe for the Grandkids to use. That is a good idea I will replace the 3 bolt with grade 8. Thanks
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car