lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
JYarber18
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 PDS Shuttering and Input Shaft Seal ?

Whats up everybody! New to the forum here and have been doing some searching on here trying to find my answers but without much luck so far. I purchased a 2006 TXT PDS 36v that needed a little work and am currently overhauling it for my kids to have something to ride around on. Upon purchasing the cart I noticed if you gave the throttle pedal anything more then 1/2 suddenly the whole cart would shutter and shake and not move very quickly. However if you gave it 1/4 throttle and eased into it WOT it wouldn't shutter and run correctly. When loaded it onto the trailer and driving it up the ramps it shuttered/vibrated and almost sounded like the motor disengaged and was free spinning. Immediately I figured it was hubs or an input shaft but after tearing the entire rear end down everything looks great. The batteries are brand new 2 month old duracells and voltages look great. Is it possible this could be caused by something in the electric motor? My second question is I am looking for the replacement ORing that seals the input shaft. Also is there an additional press in seal that can be purchased to go on the outside of the snap ring closest to motor side? Seems like there should be one there already but my rear end did not have it.
JYarber18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 PDS Shuttering and Input Shaft Seal ?

Hello JYarber, and welcome to the forum!

The weak link on the EZGO is the hub. Check it again while having someone in the cart press the brake pedal and the go pedal 1/4 of the way down. Look at the castle nut and see if it is spinning but the cart not moving. If so, the brake drum is stripped. If nothing is moving, do not hold it like this for long as it is in a stall and pulling a lot of amps.

What are your voltages? You said they were good but what is the reading from your DVM? At rest and under load. A battery may look fine at rest but drop out under load.

Low voltage could be causing your controller to cut out.

And as for the input shaft ORing seal, I have no idea... Someone else on here can probably shed some more info for you.

If I had to wager, I'd bet the hub is stripped. $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 PDS Shuttering and Input Shaft Seal ?

These might help. Mine's a '98, but they were still close enough for a total rebuild.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dana Axle Repair & Parts Manual.zip (3.54 MB, 0 views)
File Type: zip dana electric transaxle,2008,610987-A.zip (1.50 MB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO